Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Hey all. :hi:

Cool to move to a new spot. I'm all for anything that cuts down on the number of clicks it takes to get somewhere, and it looks so impressive. :)

Strangely enough, I've managed to stick to writing and submitting at least one thing a month, so that's been good. Given that I'd never submitted a short story before last October, having a few out all the time is impressive for me. (Yes, I'm easily impressed.)

It's totally awesome how well everyone's doing! I'm a shy poster, but I do keep track of all the success here. It's pretty impressive!

The sudden ominous silence here suggests I should go check and make sure the kids haven't done something unspeakable to the pets or themselves.

Write on, y'all. :)
SmallThing! :Hug2: It's nice to see you :)

So, was that sale to Strange Horizons your first short fiction sale? If so, wow, what a first market to crack!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Entirely random aside: i like buying stories almost as much as selling them.

SmallThing

Eek!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cosmicdriftwood.wordpress.com
SmallThing! :Hug2: It's nice to see you :)

So, was that sale to Strange Horizons your first short fiction sale? If so, wow, what a first market to crack!

:Hug2:back at ya, Izz. I've been pretty excited to see how C&C is going -- ultra cool! :)

And no, DSF was my first. SH was my sophomore sale.

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
Woo, got my 10Flash story up to 800 words (812, to be precise)! Now hopefully I can get someone to beta it. There was a challenge in this story. More precisely, the challenge was how to reflect the fact that the protagonist has to communicate via using a notepad and pen. There's a lot of "he handed the pen and paper back to her" or vice versa in there, and I'm not convinced it's very exciting.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Note to self: send Izz stories for him to purchase. It's for his own good!

I try to make damn sure Izz is stuck with a story of mine in his slush pile at any given time. Which is no easy task, since I write more fantasy than SF, and Izz doesn't buy fantasy :)

JC Romel

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Started a fantasy short on a whim yesterday, without any clue as to where I was going, but now I'm 2100 words in and have a pretty good handle on the plot, the twists, and the ending. After a long dry spell, things are finally starting to look up!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
*dons cheerleading uniform*

*wanders in, confused and bleary eyed, looks around, wanders out*

I haven't written anything in two weeks. Tomorrow is do or die.
Go, Matt, you can do it!

Started a fantasy short on a whim yesterday, without any clue as to where I was going, but now I'm 2100 words in and have a pretty good handle on the plot, the twists, and the ending. After a long dry spell, things are finally starting to look up!
Nicely done, JC!

265 NEW WORDS today! :banana:
w00t! Awesome stuff, soapy!

:e2cheer:

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
I also finally got inspiration again after looking at the prompt for the ReadingWriters Cafe (Road to Eerie) once more.
The bits and pieces I have from other half-baked ideas and beginnings weren't giving me anything further to work with, so I'm excited to get some direction with something new.

Last edited:

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I've been thinking of that one.
Time I started writing something...
Maybe that.

sammyjwebb

Registered
Reaction score
land of geese and bulls in Northern Colorado

Sounds like it's been rattling around in your subconscious for a while and just has to come out.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
This week, I bought 4 stories for C&C. Good times. The TOC is shaping up nicely. More about it here, including yet moar cover art peekage (i'll have to stop providing sneak peeks soon before they become boring :D).

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're never boring.

It's exciting to see it all happening.
It's a peek behind the curtains.

Darkshore

Stranger
Registered
Reaction score
Finished my re-write of "Locked Away"! Hopefully it's as perfect as I can make it, but I'm sure someone will find a flaw hehe. I posted a link in the critique thread here if anyone's interested. :D

Emptyeye

Registered
Reaction score
Not much in the way of content, but I did get the piece I intend to submit to 10Flash Quarterly into a proper manuscript format. I used this guide, because that's what 10Flash linked to. As a bonus, I now have something of a template to use for future stories. :)