Done, done, and almost done

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Finally, the editors at DivineDestiny got back to me about Catnip, my YA novel which had been languishing in their files for a few months. I don't blame them. One of their editors just disappeared and left it hanging, and only now did they find someone to go through it. She did a solid job, and the story promises to be a pretty solid fantasy.

Also finished my second round of edits for Lindsay, Jo and the Tree of Forever and will get them off to my editor for her to rip apart once more. Good; I need the criticism. Still waiting for feedback on Master Fantastic and possible acceptance of Star Maps so we shall see and hope for the best. Hope everyone else is writing and having fun.

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
That's awesome! You're on a roll. :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone. I just hope a million people like the first in the Lindsay trilogy enough to buy a million copies!

Seriously, while one has to have hope, reality always intrudes. If people like the way I write, they'll buy it. I'll just keep my fingers crossed...

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on all the irons in the fire!

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations!

SWest

In the garden...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
:D
b.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
n.gif
a.gif
space.gif
d.gif
a.gif
n.gif
c.gif
e.gif

n.gif
o.gif
w.gif
space.gif
space.gif
w.gif
i.gif
t.gif
h.gif
space.gif
space.gif
c.gif
o.gif
n.gif
g.gif
r.gif
a.gif
t.gif
u.gif
l.gif
a.gif
t.gif
i.gif
o.gif
n.gif
s.gif

:banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana: :Clap: :banana:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I got me grins and cakes and bananas shucking and jiving. What more could I ask for?

Oh wait...

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Got a few nice reviews for Twisted and my first for Lindsay Versus the Marauders. I should also have an interview with Jodi Pushkin at Smoocher's Voice coming out sometime this month. It's a pretty long one, and I did my best to answer the questions in an insightful way.

Truly, I felt honored to be interviewed. Good reviews are always cool to get, but interviews allow me to express my hopes and dreams to a wider audience. If I can keep writing and improve and have people enjoy reading what I write, then that kind of feeling can't be topped.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Should be getting the cover of Catnip this week to take a gander at. Novel's coming out (digital only) in August, so it'll be right on time. I love writing in the YA genre. Lots of fun. This should be a good read.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Got a very nice review of Lindsay Versus the Marauders over at SmoochersVoice.com (review by Jodi Pushkin). Check it out, if you're so inclined. I loved writing that novel and loved writing the sequels even more.

Sol Quince

Don't mind me.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having fun. Good luck to you :D

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Courtesy of AndreF, I now have my own, ahem, tribute channel.

Actually, I had no idea he'd set it up until I logged onto my computer this morning and checked into AW. Funny stuff and great music!

My sincere thanks to AndreF!! Check out his website. Lots of interesting stuff to see, listen to, and read.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
A friend of mine told me to go to the RegalCrest website. She said, "the cover of your sequel is there."

Say what?

So on a lark, I did, and holeeeeeeeeeee...

It IS there. Lindsay, Jo and the Tree of Forever should be out in October or November, and it promises to be just as action-packed as the first and even slightly more romantic as well as socially conscious.

Damn, I love this trilogy!

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Finally, finally, finished the manuscript for Picture (im) perfect and sent it off to, count 'em, four agents a while back. The waiting game continues. Either they're swamped or else they're laughing too hard, I don't know which. I wonder, though, with all the horror stories I hear about writers who've gotten agents and nothing ever panned out, is it really worth it?

endearing

in love with Jesus
Registered
Reaction score
Great work! Congratulations, and keep it up! :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
how exciting! I'm struggling to keep on top of one WIP lol!
---

I find I do better at life in general when I have two or more projects to work on. It keeps my mind active and takes it off my other troubles. If everything sells, then I'm happy. If it doesn't...I punch my Bobo doll and get back to writing.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Sent off the final edits for Catnip and now it's up to the formatters to make it perfect. It's supposed to come out August 1st, so I'm cutting it close. When it does, I'll put a thread up in the 'Announcements' section.

The weather here is freakishly hot! Plays hell with getting anything serious done, fan or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.