Updates on life, speaking gig!!!, 'giving away 100,000 books' /kickstarter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile. My college experience has been very up and down. For the most part the school I choose is alot different then what I thought and i'm having some trouble adjusting. I find myself in 0 creative writing classes, which is upsetting. Although I have been unable to get into creative writing classes (the school offers 1 a creative writing class a semester :()-- I have been writing a lot on the side. No new 'publishable' stories, but a lot of interesting poetry.

On other note a company will be flying me out to San Francisco to do speaking about my life and my book!!! My dream is to travel, write, and share my stories! I'm so excited for my first official speaking gig!

Other news...

Young author dreams of giving out 100,000 of his books! :)
-- The title of my kickstarter! Please watch the video and if you want you could donate.

"I dream of sharing my life story, meeting new people, and inspiring others to love their life, the same way I want to love mine. I am hoping by giving away my writing that others can read it and feel a sense of graitutude for life. I also think literature is essential and I hope people can relate to some of my personal feelings. Hopefully through getting my books free on all major retailers I can share my story and giveaway 100,000 Ebook copies!" - Kickstarter Description, kickstarter here-- http://kck.st/1vMtS4E

Thank you for reading! :)
-- Daniel (also going to be posted on Kboards)

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats on the speaking engagement! :snoopy:

Lack of college writing classes is not the end of writing. Just store away all those interesting tidbits you can glean from the other classes for use in future stories.

May you thrive!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck on the trip and your new goals!

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
I'm trying to give the 100,000K books away... Which is proving very difficult. I am going to go post about it in self publishing. I have all the books listed through Smashwords and also kindle, but Amazon hasn't 'price-matched' to free yet.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I'm late to the party here, but I just downloaded Right-Hearted. I wish you much success with your writing endeavors!

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome opportunity! Good luck with your classes and other writings. Hope the speaking engagement is well received!

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.