Where can I post a query for critique?

DCVermillion

DC Vermillion
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm new to absolute write, and was informed that this website was a good place for query critiques.

Just looking to get pointed in the right direction.

Sincerely

DC Vermillion

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to AW.

Your best course of action right now is to go to the New Members forum and post an introduction there, so people can begin to get to know you, and vice versa. You should also read the Newbie Guide, linked at the very top of the forum pages.

As for critiques, we have a gateway of 50 posts before new members are allowed to post work or queries for critique. This is so that new members have a chance to learn their way around and become familiar with the critique areas, and begin to engage the community.

We also expect everyone to contribute, so the very best way to begin to build those 50 posts (which you can do really fast I promise) is to go on into the various Share Your Work forums and offer critique to others. You'll gain a lot from doing that which will benefit your own work.

Again, welcome, and enjoy exploring here.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
You go to Show Your Work, toward the bottom of the page, and post in Query Letter Hell, but not until you have fifty posts.

If it's something you'd like feedback on sooner, you can PM it to me, but it'll probably take me a couple days to get to it. I'm trying to do one last quick run through my manuscript.

However, I'm just one QLH critter, and not the best of them at that. You would be better served long-term by asking questions, answering others, offering encouragement, etc. to build up your post count. Presumably, you spent a lot of effort on your manuscript. It's worth putting effort into AW to get the kind of critique QLH has to offer.

It might not feel like at at first, but trust me, QLH works. You can start giving critiques there right away to build good will. If you're puzzled about where to start, you can PM me, and I'll give you some pointers on that as well.

Welcome to AW! :)

ETA: Didn't see Kyla's before I posted, so we repeated a lot. The offers are still open, however.

Last edited:

DCVermillion

DC Vermillion
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, thank you, will look over at that then.

Cheers