Disaster In My Region: AW Check In Thread (Tornadoes, Floods)

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Glad to hear you're ok, folks. Finally heard from my brother a few minutes ago. He's an aviation mechanic in the Metroplex. Looks like he's going to be busy for awhile.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I just heard from Mom and Dad, who are a bit northwest of the Metroplex right now -- they're okay, too. Still waiting to hear from other family and friends, though.

JMC2009

Your friendly neighborhood Chat Op
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to you all.

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Those storms were amazing! I saw it on the Weather Channel, and I couldn't imagine a tornado hitting a big city like Dallas. I'm so glad folks are doing so well, all things considered.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: to everyone there.

Glad your parents are okay, Mac :)

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hoping the forecasts for a really nasty day tomorrow in the mid-section of the US are wrong - but this apparently is only the second time a 24 hour advance warning has been issued - all the way from Texas up to Minnesota. Be safe all of you out there. Puma

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thinking good thoughts for our friends in Oklahoma. I hope no one else gets hit. What a year for tornados.

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
I've spent today beefing up my disaster kit and doing some clean-up. Emails I've had come through have me worried about tomorrow.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
i had an appointment with a clinic in wichita this afternoon. i was dreading getting caught in a hail storm on the highway between st. john and wichita because there is no shelter available. two people from here were killed last spring because a small tornado blew a tree through their car. nevertheless i was determined not to be a coward and cancel out on the appt. the clinic in wichita called just now and cancelled the appointment because of the elevated risk. now i'm really nervous!--s6

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
I've spent today beefing up my disaster kit and doing some clean-up. Emails I've had come through have me worried about tomorrow.

I've been working on mine today. Biggest problem I have is Mr. M: He thinks I'm "just nervous" because of last week. (Well, yeah. duh) So, getting out of here tonight could be a "no-go". grrr

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Good luck everyone in weathering this system out (no pun intended). My thoughts are with all of you. :)

Billtrumpet25

Registered
Reaction score
Hoping the forecasts for a really nasty day tomorrow in the mid-section of the US are wrong - but this apparently is only the second time a 24 hour advance warning has been issued - all the way from Texas up to Minnesota. Be safe all of you out there. Puma

When was the first time?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stay safe. Please log in and let us know how you are when you get a chance. We're going to be worrying.

ETA: Where's the best place to get accurate news of the storms?

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hey everybody, if you want to see where i live turn on the weather channel. rush center is the setting for my novel "show me the way." macksville is where i teach school. turning stuff off now. don't worry. if our sirens go i'll be okay. the storm shelter is in the library and it's just down the street. --s6 gad--do you believe that i am taking the time to spell check?

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
hey everybody, if you want to see where i live turn on the weather channel. rush center is the setting for my novel "show me the way." macksville is where i teach school. turning stuff off now. don't worry. if our sirens go i'll be okay. the storm shelter is in the library and it's just down the street. --s6 gad--do you believe that i am taking the time to spell check?

Wait -- like, now, right now?

Here it's just overcast and really humid.

Edit: Just looked. :eek: Stay safe!

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
I use a combination of local news, weather radio, and weather channel. I'm still a couple hours out from this thing. I wish it'd just hurry up and do whatever. I've been anxious since yesterday.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
things were hairy for a while but seem to have died down. we had one short blast from the sirens but did not go to the shelter. the good news is that my school is cancelled for monday. the prom was postponed from tonight to sunday thanks to the storm so no school on monday because the kids will be up most of the night sunday. no one hurt, not a lot of damage, rain always welcome in kansas, and a free day to plant everything i have on my front porch. wish this piece of luck holds for everyone else. the watch lasts till early this morning so i am shutting down again.--s6

Last edited:

JMC2009

Registered
Reaction score
Shakey, looks like you're getting ready to get hit again. Stay safe.