Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not doing that. That's why I have no idea when I get to write the really exciting bit!

Horserider

Ever onward
Registered
Reaction score
heyyyy does anybody actually use fictionpress...? >.> just wondering if it's one of those scary sites that most people avoid... <.<

I avoid anything that involves posting works online. If I did use it, it would be for short stories that I have no intention of doing anything with. But I don't have very many shorts.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
God, I have urges to write that kiss scene now. *stares at screen*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Sticks and Stones,

Can you hurry up and get to the awkward kiss already?

Sincerely,

Your impatient writer

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
*waves to HR and Lisa*

*hides from first day of classes*

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAH Honestly out of all of those options probably killing her would be the easiest.

Option 1 would get me kicked out of the house and living on the streets, Option 2 would have me in a world of hurt for days as she constantly yells at me.

See, here's the reason I can do mostly what I like: I don't care. My parents can't hurt me, or at least, can't hurt me enough to change me.

And that's what you have to do. Not care.

"Listen. If you want to be invited to my wedding, if you want to meet my future children, if you want me to go to your funeral, you have to treat me with respect. Because if you don't respect me, I sure as hell don't respect you."

That's the thing with me. I don't respect people unless they earn it. And unless I respect them, I don't give a shit what they do or say.

But seriously, you could kill her. She's old. People might buy it. :tongue

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
*grumbles* Hey. *eyes everyone curiously* You all alright?

*shivers* It's mighty cold.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
See, here's the reason I can do mostly what I like: I don't care. My parents can't hurt me, or at least, can't hurt me enough to change me.

"Listen. If you want to be invited to my wedding, if you want to meet my future children, if you want me to go to your funeral, you have to treat me with respect. Because if you don't respect me, I sure as hell don't respect you."

That's the thing with me. I don't respect people unless they earn it. And unless I respect them, I don't give a shit what they do or say.

But seriously, you could kill her. She's old. People might buy it. :tongue

Oh your parents much be really lenient if you could talk to them like that. I'd be murdered in my sleep if i said that to my grandmom. I dont care if she yells at me, i dont care what she thinks, but sadly i do care if i'm allowed back in my house, because its winter. I also care about going to college and she is the one who pays those bills. So if I were to talk to her like that I'd either be kicked out and become homeless, along with my boyfriend, or be killed. So to save myself from both options i put up with her shit.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh your parents much be really lenient if you could talk to them like that. I'd be murdered in my sleep if i said that to my grandmom. I dont care if she yells at me, i dont care what she thinks, but sadly i do care if i'm allowed back in my house, because its winter. I also care about going to college and she is the one who pays those bills. So if I were to talk to her like that I'd either be kicked out and become homeless, along with my boyfriend, or be killed. So to save myself from both options i put up with her shit.

I'm with you Ally. If I spoke to any of my family like what Tally said, I wouldn't half be, well, let's just say they wouldn't tolerate it. There's respect, and then there's just plain rude. lol But everyone's different. I respect people, but sometimes you have to suck it up and deal cos life would be a hell of a lot worse without those people, sometimes.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm with you Ally. If I spoke to any of my family like what Tally said, I wouldn't half be, well, let's just say they wouldn't tolerate it. There's respect, and then there's just plain rude. lol But everyone's different. I respect people, but sometimes you have to suck it up and deal cos life would be a hell of a lot worse without those people, sometimes.

Well said!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, to each their own. I would not at all consider the words I quoted as rude. I'd say they are a rational and polite way of dealing with someone insufferable. In my world and culture, you only treat people as well as they treat you, whether they are an adult, a child, and friend, a family member, or the prime minister.

I thought you said you paid your own bills? That's what you said yesterday.

My parents love me. They get mad at me, but they love me and would never do anything to hurt me intentionally. I wouldn't speak to them that way because they would never be that disrespectful towards me. The worst they've ever done was force me to move without warning me or asking for my thoughts (I'm not saying I need to be part of the decision, I'm saying I need them to respect me enough to let me know.) Then I told them, very calmly, that since I'm at an age where I can make truly choices that will turn their lives upside down, they need to respect me enough to tell me when they're going to destroy my life.

They respect me as not just a child, but a human with rights and opinions that are just as valuable as their own.

And like I said, I will respect anyone who respects me.

On the other subject, when I was 13 they put me on a plane from Arizona to Calgary alone, where I stayed with my uncle for a night, then to Montreal, where I stayed with a friend for a night, then on a plane to Italy with my school. In three days. I was so jet lagged.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

Seriously? Yikes. Parents pay for the mortgage, the gas, the electricity, the water, the council tax, the home insurance, the car service, the petrol, the car insurance, the food, the clothes, the entertainment, the holidays, the internet, the television, the travel, the life insurance, etc. Most of the time they also do the laundry, the ironing, the cooking, the cleaning, the driving and everything else. I don't think I'd be too impressed if I got a lecture on respect from my child.

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well, to each their own. I would not at all consider the words I quoted as rude. I'd say they are a rational and polite way of dealing with someone insufferable. In my world and culture, you only treat people as well as they treat you, whether they are an adult, a child, and friend, a family member, or the prime minister.

I thought you said you paid your own bills? That's what you said yesterday.

My parents love me. They get mad at me, but they love me and would never do anything to hurt me intentionally. I wouldn't speak to them that way because they would never be that disrespectful towards me. The worst they've ever done was force me to move without warning me or asking for my thoughts (I'm not saying I need to be part of the decision, I'm saying I need them to respect me enough to let me know.) Then I told them, very calmly, that since I'm at an age where I can make truly choices that will turn their lives upside down, they need to respect me enough to tell me when they're going to destroy my life.

They respect me as not just a child, but a human with rights and opinions that are just as valuable as their own.

And like I said, I will respect anyone who respects me.

On the other subject, when I was 13 they put me on a plane from Arizona to Calgary alone, where I stayed with my uncle for a night, then to Montreal, where I stayed with a friend for a night, then on a plane to Italy with my school. In three days. I was so jet lagged.

Yeah i pay my insurance, car loan, credit cards, and all the bills that i need. My mom and grandmom didnt want me in debt so they refused to let me pay for my college.

I know my grandmom loves me as does my mom. But my grandmom is rather crazy, irrational, and old school strict. The whole respect thing doesnt work in my house, we respect her and she doesnt not have to respect us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.