JanNoWriMo 2013

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow managed to get all of my homework for the week done. :D I did absolutely nothing else except, work, go to class, make tea, and sleep. ._.

Recap on what I've managed to accomplish:

I've come up with some goals! Somehow! So, this month I want to:

*Put schoolwork first (since I go back on Monday) saying I did this is a bit of an understatement...
*Read at least 5 non-textbook books (give or take, depending on the length of the book) I got 2 books read. Not as much as I wanted to, but it's something.
*Write SOMETHING not school-related (setting a flexible goal of 10-15k for the month) Ha ha ha. THAT'S a good one. No time for it whatsoever.
*Spend more time playing video games on the weekends and less time doing schoolwork. :tongue See response for Write SOMETHING not school-related

Overall, not a bad month. I'm keeping up with school, but I kind of wish that I had time to do other things too.

(Then again, maybe I should have looked at the calendar BEFORE scheduling my presentation the week I have multiple essays due...)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm, damn. I guess I missed out on a thrilling introductory lecture...

"This is X class. In it we will do A, B and C. My name is Blah."

I mean, there's usually something important in those classes, such as information pertaining to assignments, but for the most part the first week back we don't get anything done.

(But I'm pretty sure I go back in March, nonetheless. :tongue)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
That's what reading the syllabus is for. :tongue If you don't get docked points for attendance, it probably won't hurt you too much. (not that it's March yet ;) We have to get through February first!)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm. Well, last year I went to all the first week classes because I figured I'd learn what was expected of me, which I more or less did.

A few of the classes, they handed out course guides in the first class, which weren't available in the book store, but detailed various things you needed to know.

They never take attendance for lectures, but seminars and tutorials they do, and if you miss too many of those, you either lose marks or fail outright. Eek!

My poetry class last semester, for instance, had it so that if you missed 3 classes, you failed. I made sure to go to every single one. :)