Status
Not open for further replies.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
no barn cats were harmed.

I may be drummed out of the infirmary by our original poster for this, but I think I may be responsible for inadvertently saving a few cats: When the roof lifted, and cats sprinted from every opening (ripped barndoors included), I called cease fire--even though we were in a sudden target-rich environment.

Some mistakes a man has to live with.

P.S. Trivia question for ten points: What's the Army hand sign for cease-fire? It's still alive and waving on ranges today.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
P.S. Trivia question for ten points: What's the Army hand sign for cease-fire? It's still alive and waving on ranges today.

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome PW, Proter forgot to introduce me as well.

Ah well, all that sap has gone to his head.

Howdy, have some grits, and some jello, and if you sneak out to the gazebo in my back yard, help yourself to a mason jar, I mixed a pitcher of Bloody Mary's.

PowerWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I’m sure you’re all anxious to know I’m all right after Oregon’s annual tornado ripped a barn out of the nearby countryside yesterday.

Our EF-0's bluster through once a decade. I've missed every one of them. I'm afraid my life long dream of seeing a tornado will never come true.

Three years ago I was about to walk out into the height of Hurricane Igor, a cat-1, just to say I did it, when a metal road sign flew by the door neck high. Buk-buk.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
Howdy, have some grits, and some jello....

Mmmmm... there's an idea! Grit Jell-O! We can make it in all kinds of flavors - ham gravy, cheese, shrimp, okra, sardine... we'll make a fortune!

Our EF-0's bluster through once a decade. I've missed every one of them. I'm afraid my life long dream of seeing a tornado will never come true....

Come to Oklahoma! You can see one a week! Shoot, back in '99, we had 77 on May 3rd alone!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I have never had non slimy okra, and I have tried it many times.

You don't cook cilantro with yours, do you?

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*adds to Food Bucket List--OFG's okra*
Dang it! I really, really hate to do this ... but I have to agree with Haggis. Your okra cookin' sounds good, OFG. Save me a place at the table.

I'm also liking the idea of sardine-flavored jello. I don't like jello much, but that might convert me. (With a side o' grits.)

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And furthermore, there's a greasy burger joint down here that makes deep-fried okra with onions and jalapenos.

I'm pretty sure "down here" isn't central inland Oregon, but this conversation has me looking for a café with grits and crisp okra on its menu.

Chase, always seeking new food thrills

Status
Not open for further replies.