DecNoKickButtMo anyone?

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
So, last year for New Year's my best friend and I sat around in my room and played Luigi's Mansion the entire night. I got 95% of the way through the game and literally had only the final boss left.

I left the damn thing hanging like that for an entire year. >.>

So, I picked up where I left up tonight and finished the damn thing. :tongue It only took me a year.

(I also think I forgot to mention I got a smaller tablet PC for Christmas :D It'll be perfect for school and travel and playing far too many games...)

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray for tablets! I used one this past semester for Uni, and it was pretty good not having to write with a pen. :tongue

I've been in a bit of a funk, but it's lifting. If I ever manage to make some goals for January, I'll start a new thread. I'm not holding my breath - the goals I made for December were pretty easy and I only did 1/3...

Almondjoy

Keep moving forward <3
Registered
Reaction score
Still a little less than 2 hours less in December, but I think it's safe to say that I can wrap things up.

I really wanted to finish my novel in December, but I've extended that deadline to the end of winter break, which ends the second week of December. Despite the normal December madness with exams and snow days and teachers cramming homework/tests together, I wrote a respectable 11K, which should increase a little before the New Year rolls around.

So, not bad. But this WIP HAS to get done before I go back to school.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Beat you to the punch, Cliff. :tongue Though not by QUITE as much as last year. ;)

Oh, shit! I still need to compare the number of books in my database to last years stats! :D I will get right on that!

~Amber~

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear...

So, this was me last December:

Just updated my library spreadsheet for the first time since midsummer...

I have 616 books now. (And I'm pretty sure, based on the fact that I wanted to have at least 500 by January 1st of 2012, that I've gotten, and hopefully didn't buy all of, at least 100 books this year... Oops.)

The sad part is that I keep track of where in my room I keep them so I can find them faster, and I've had to resort to putting many of them in a location called the "where-the-fuck-do-I-put-you?" corner. :(

I'm afraid to see how many of those I still haven't read yet...

ETA: This time last year:

Wrote an English essay, added a mysterious purple squirrel to my statistics assignment, started a health presentation but decided to put all of my books in a spreadsheet instead... Apparently I own 474 books, and I've read all but 137 of them... Not bad. Not a very productive weekend, though...
Oh dear...

ETA2: Okay, I couldn't help myself and I looked to see how many I still have to read... 239. Okay, that's not too bad... I was imagining a much bigger number... It's only a little more than a third of all of my books...
Well, my grand total as of right now is... *drumroll* 769 books. In 2012 I gained 142 books. This year I gained 153. I thought I was doing better at curbing my habits this year...

Well, I did get quite a few of those books for free from my elementary school's library's discard pile, so there's that... But uh...

By the way, I ran out of room in my "where-the-fuck-do-I-put-you?" corner... Now I have an "I don't even know..." category for my shelf-less ones... (and I even gained a bookshelf this year...)

~Amber~

thedark

Weaving through the night.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm vaguely afraid to count mine... Does 9 full bookshelves add up to a lot? :)

Oh. And the 8 boxes in the closet because I need to install more shelves...

I love books. It's awesome to see others who do too!

thedark

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new to this thread... But I started my novel on November 1st... And heard about NaNo about a week later. I finished the first draft at 89k at the end of November, and spent the first two weeks of December learning about Query Letters and engaging beta readers to help me pinpoint areas that need work. Then I took two weeks off... And voila, I'm back!

I still can't quite see the path to revisions yet... It's true that query letters help you see gaps in your work. Another week or so of intense pondering and hopefully I can start drafting again. I love writing. And I'm happy to have found AW, for as you know, the NaNo forums get awfully quiet after November!

Thanks for listening. :)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, thedark!

Sounds like you got a tremendous amount of work done in a single month. If you haven't explored the Share Your Work forums yet, you might want to have a look there and see if giving the critters a go at what you've written might be useful.

Keep us posted on your progress!

thedark

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, thedark!

Sounds like you got a tremendous amount of work done in a single month. If you haven't explored the Share Your Work forums yet, you might want to have a look there and see if giving the critters a go at what you've written might be useful.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks Mrsmig! Yes.. it was an interesting month. My family was relieved when the draft was finished and I reappeared in their lives once more. :) But very supportive and sweet.

The squirrels seem cute and fluffy over on SYW. You know... in the same way that rabid Monty Python bunnies do. :) I'm looking forward to adventuring over there.

And slightly scared. But brave.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just thought I should point out - last I heard, you need 50 posts to be able to post an excerpt in SYW. So, keep participating for a while, and then you'll have 50 posts in no time. :) (Participating is key - I've seen people get in trouble for spamming to get their 50 posts... But it seems you're well aware that normal participation is the way to go. :))

And welcome!