JuneNoWriMo

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
Ok, so there's only twelve hours left in May here. Time for a new goals thread.

This month for me will be a month of short stories, I'm finishing up prep for the upcoming month. Still have some outlines to do etc before the month of June begins for me.

June Goals List
Write 1st Draft of eight short stories (0/8)
Write Six Blog Posts (0/6)
Rewrite Outline for my July CampNaNo project
Finish intensive Q&A for novel #1 in my fantasy trilogy

June 1st-7th
1st Draft Two Short Stories (0/2)
Write one blog post (0/1)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Mine is simple:

Finish rough draft of WIP #3.

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
(Hey, look, I'm trying to come up with June goals in May! :tongue)

Goals for June:

*Not die during finals week
*Read at least 5 books (preferably more since summer is coming quickly and I'll have lost my excuse for slacking on fun stuff)
*Write at least 10k that is not in my special ADVENTURE research paper
*Get absorbed in my special ADVENTURE research paper for a few days until it sparkles and would make the amazing people I am writing about proud of me
*Complete at least 5 of my DayZero goals
*write a fucking blog post or two for once...
*play video games

And now I must get back to working on my special ADVENTURE research paper which is due in a week and a half. :D

~Amber~

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
It's June already? Time flies!

Here are my writing goals for the month:
- edit "The Gatekeeper" (YA Paranormal Novella) and submit it
- finish writing first draft of "The Clumsy Magician" (lower grade chapter book)
- edit "The Clumsy Magician"
- finish writing first draft of "Grave Error" (lower grade chapter book)
- edit "Grave Error" and send to publisher
- write 20k in Ghostslayer (new adult urban fantasy)
- write 10k in Demonic Pact (YA paranormal romance, second book in the Angel of Death Series)
- finish writing research paper for philosophy of law (3-4k words)
- edit research paper for philosophy of law
- write 25 reviews for on my book review blog
- work on edits of "Drowning in Fear" when I get them back from my editor
- work on first round of edits for "Soul Thief"

Last edited:

Ramshackle

*scribbles*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badmenagerie.com
Hello again all!

This month my goals are a little more wishy-washy. I'm starting with writing every day, and seeing where it goes. ;)

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be joining in again. I need to work out a wip schedule so I can clear out my huge ass backlog of stories in a sane way. Looking at my evernote almost made me cry. My second goal will be to become faster at editing. I think that's dragging me down more than anything.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Hello JuneNoWriMo crew!

My goals for this month:

-- Write 20k words. (I'll probably hop into Camp NaNo for this.)
-- Finish BROKEN THINGS Draft 2 and send it to betas.
-- Start the first draft of a genderbent Scottish Supernatural that's going to be friggin' awesome I can't waaaaiiittt.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I'm changing my goals:

Finish WIP #3
Write 15k for WIP #4

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just edited, improved, formatted and added referencing to the final short paper for research methods. Woo!

I may look it over once more before I submit it, but I'm counting it as done about now. So that means just 3 more assignments for the semester... All big ones. :(

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I finished editing my YA paranormal novella "The Gatekeeper", and just submitted it to a publisher. Fingers crossed.

I want to do some reading for my philosophy of law class today, and hopefully get started on the paper.

The first reading is 34 pages, and I'm working on that now. The second reading is 19 pages. There are two readings of 13 pages, one of 16 pages and another 10 page reading.

Edit: Finished the first reading of 34 pages.

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just wrote, edited, and referenced my statement for the short story. I wanted it done today (well, not final draft, but still) because we're supposed to be discussing our statements in the final class tomorrow. Only, I'm sick and may not make it. But eh - the statement is done now, or at least a good-enough version for right now.

So really, all I have left to do for the major assignment (short story and statement) for this class is to edit stuff. Hooray! I may just have time to work on the essay for social theory! (It's due 2 days after the story. Eek!)

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As I remarked in the MayNoWriMo thread, my writing time in June may be somewhat limited, but I'm going to set some conservative goals anyway:

1) 5k words on current WIP
2) complete short story I started in May - word count unknown at this time

I want start writing more shorts and maybe the change in scenery will be conducive to some fresh ideas.

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
kind of freaking out that its June and I'm only 7k into my final rewrite. I really need to get on that.

smalls

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

Hoping this keeps me accountable.

Two goals for June:
- Finish zero draft of novel
- Transcribe three articles into my research notebook

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Edited the short paper again, and then spent nearly 3 hours reading a 35-page reading for social theory. However, this means all the reading for the semester has now been done. Woo!

Going to take a much-needed break, then look at the short paper one final time before submitting it.

ETA: Short paper has been submitted. Hooray! 3 more assignments to do, 2 weeks to do them in. Eep!

Last edited:

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I finished two readings (the two largest ones, 34 pages and 19 pages) yesterday, and wrote 2k in a research paper. I also managed to watch the latest episodes from all my favorite series, so yeah, all in all, not that productive.

But today is a new day! :) I want to do one more reading for philosophy of law (13 pages), study 60 pages (yikes!) of tax law, and hopefully finish the first draft of my research paper. The paper is due Thursday, and I still have to edit it, so it'll be a close call.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
Cleaned up a 33k story yesterday and I'll work on a 12k one today. If I'm not braindead by tonight, I'll start a fairy tale retelling that's been on hold since last year.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Condensed about 12 pages of notes down to 4 pages of key notes. Next up I guess I need to hammer out an outline for the essay based on those 4 pages. I have a few ideas of where I could go with this, which is an improvement on the previous no-ideas-at-all. :tongue

Still. I find one of the hardest parts of doing a big assignment is condensing everything down to a solid plan of attack... Taking notes is easy enough, if time-consuming. Condensing down to an outline is infuriating. Writing and editing are fairly simple for me. So really... I'm at the worst part of the assignment right now. So if I can get this outline made up today, I'll call that good enough. :)

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
Last month I got so busy promoting the book that I feel out of the MayNoWriMo thread. This month I will try to still around. I have three publications last month and I published a book so I was awfully busy. (paperback is still forthcoming)

Goals:
Write 2 other things: 0/2
Write 10 new poems: 0/10
Get book to 2,500 downloads: 1,300/2,500
Get my submissions up past 100: 42/100
Keep Computer Organized :)
Be more healthy, walk more, drink more water, and go outside! Less work, more play!

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I just spent over an hour turning those 4 pages of notes into something with a bit more structure... Basically, I've got a better idea of what I'm going to write for the essay now, though I *still* need to turn this current thing into a proper outline.

Taking a brief break, then I'll see about crunching a proper outline.

eternalised

Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Good job, everyone! :) Looks like most people are off to a great start.

I finished the second draft for my philosophy of law research paper yesterday. Today I'm going to study tax law, and hopefully find some time to edit the paper. It's due tomorrow - yikes!

I also want to write two reviews for on my book review blog, and maybe work on a writing schedule for the summer. With one book releasing this month, another in July, and two books in September, I definitely need that!

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Aha! I've just come up with about 250 words of super-duper-key notes to help me figure out this essay. So, when I'm next feeling mentally with it, I can look at 250 words and go, "Yes, the essay will say this and this, then that, then this!"

I hope.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
Cleaning up a mess yesterday blew my schedule to hell, but the 12k turned out to need revisions anyway. I need to expand it to 20k so I can have more options when I send it off.