• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

FinePrint Literary Management

AuburnAssassin

Darkly Romantic Curmudgeon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
clairegillian.wordpress.com
I did feel a bit finger-wagged by Mr. Otter but mostly I didn't care for the mention that authors signed by Colleen, Suzie, Janet, Peter or Stephany might be resentful of Brendan's authors, implying that they shouldn't make waves. If I'd been signed by Brendan, that would have really chapped my hide. And I'd like to think that if I'd been signed by one of the continuing FinePrint agents, that I'd have been gracious enough to allow them time to absorb his client list. Maybe that's just me though.

Last edited:

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
For the record, Suzie's existing clients were nothing but gracious when I joined their ranks. One of them sent me cookies on my birthday :)

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
As one of Suzie's existing clients before Brendan left, I can say that I was ecstatic for my new agent-mates and for Suzie's growing list. I could tell she was busier than normal, but she was utterly brilliant about making sure my work was considered in an amazingly quick time-frame. She's a damn hard worker.

So excited that . . . I might have . . . sent some cookies . . . ;)

DavidD

Writing, fretting, writing, ...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dvorkin.com
Suzie has taken over handling of my situation. She won't become my agent (sob), but she's following up with all of the editors Brendan had submitted my book to and letting me know what's what.

This is a lot of work for her, and she has been friendly and communicative.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
As one of Suzie's existing clients before Brendan left, I can say that I was ecstatic for my new agent-mates and for Suzie's growing list. I could tell she was busier than normal, but she was utterly brilliant about making sure my work was considered in an amazingly quick time-frame. She's a damn hard worker.

So excited that . . . I might have . . . sent some cookies . . . ;)

**snuggles**

Deleted member 42

Suzie has taken over handling of my situation. She won't become my agent (sob), but she's following up with all of the editors Brendan had submitted my book to and letting me know what's what.

This is a lot of work for her, and she has been friendly and communicative.

That's a really huge favor she's doing David; good for her.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Okay, guys - here's the skinny. Sean Laughing Otter was, indeed, NOT posting in good faith. I wish I could offer more specifics for everyone to hang their hats on; however, there's some rather messy and alarming stuff behind-the-scenes that I'm just not at liberty to discuss, involving a stalking situation.

Please rest assured that Fine Print Literary, Brendan, Colleen, Suzie, and anyone else you've wondered about over the course of this strange little melodrama? These folks have my complete confidence, and it should go without saying that the reputation any agent has cultivated over the years -- from any agency -- for helping writers, being communicative and available, and going above and beyond to answer questions, provide helpful advice and information, and advocate for their clients and writers in general, should be the standard and measure to keep in mind.

Last edited:

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
As another one of Brendan's former clients who is now repped by Suzie, I have lots of good things to say about her. She pulled my MS that was on sub and gave me revision comments, and the new version is much stronger (it's now back on sub). Also in that time she read yet another one of my MSs and gave me revision notes.

And her current clients were all very friendly and welcoming. :)

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.
As another one of Brendan's former clients who is now repped by Suzie, I have lots of good things to say about her. She pulled my MS that was on sub and gave me revision comments, and the new version is much stronger (it's now back on sub). Also in that time she read yet another one of my MSs and gave me revision notes.

And her current clients were all very friendly and welcoming. :)

-Sits in corner and chews nails, hoping Suzie likes her full-

Facetiousness aside, ST has been wonderful in my experience. Another agent requested my MS a week after Suzie did and gave me a 24hr turnaround with some helpful notes and an invitation to revise and re-sub. I totally agreed with the agent, so I emailed Suzie and explained I needed to change a plot point. She replied instantly to tell me to take as long as I needed to revise, and she'd even keep me in her queue so I didn't get pushed back. She's a real class act in my opinion.

priceless1

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.behlerpublications.com
Frankly, I'm dismayed that anyone would hold any of the agents at FinePrint up for review. I have several authors who are repped by Stephany and Janet. This is a class agency. They take care of their authors and stay in touch with editors in order to ensure their clients are being well cared for.

Additionally, they send great writers to my desk for review and I always clear the decks when they query me. Always.

angelfrancis

I got this!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Frankly, I'm dismayed that anyone would hold any of the agents at FinePrint up for review. I have several authors who are repped by Stephany and Janet. This is a class agency. They take care of their authors and stay in touch with editors in order to ensure their clients are being well cared for.

Additionally, they send great writers to my desk for review and I always clear the decks when they query me. Always.

Agreed, and it's wonderful to hear that!

Annarkie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
brooklynann.blogspot.com
Okay, newbie here: I've seen sock puppets appear on threads about unreputable agencies to attempt to "defend" them, but why in the world would somebody put one up in a thread discussing an angency that is not only reputable, but is very successful and treats their clients so well?

angelfrancis

I got this!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I really think it stems from a writer disgruntled about Brendan's departure. Sure, we have questions and concerns but it doesn't merit bashing an agency that is clearly one of the best.

DavidD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dvorkin.com
I really think it stems from a writer disgruntled about Brendan's departure. Sure, we have questions and concerns but it doesn't merit bashing an agency that is clearly one of the best.

Well, it wasn't quite that way. A writer posted about problems he had after his agent left. I posted that I was having similar problems. It got a bit heated after that.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Guys, it's mostly just another bizarre example of message-board drama. It's always weird, more than a little random, and sometimes extraordinarily difficult to parse the full motivation of a sockpuppet. You'll make yourselves crazy trying to untangle it all.

It's also a good part of why we don't generally allow multiple registrations at AW.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm hmm. Conversely, raising issues does not constitute "bashing", and I'm getting mighty sick of folks labeling anything not rosey-posey as such.

DavidD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dvorkin.com
It's always wise not to post using intemperate language, and I regret having done so. Best to stay calm and detached and dispassionate. As my great-grandmother used to say, "Post on the Web in haste, repent at leisure."

(Actually, I never knew any of my grandmothers, and I'm sure none of them spoke English, and they all died long before the Web was created. But it sounds like wise, great-grandmotherly advice anyway.)

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm hmm. Conversely, raising issues does not constitute "bashing", and I'm getting mighty sick of folks labeling anything not rosey-posey as such.

Quoting for truth. I love Brendan and Fineprint, but they can both take care of themselves, and people who have issues deserve to be able to voice them.

JanetReid

Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, this reply is to someone farther back the thread and I can't seem to lob it any nearer to her.

Have you heard back? You should have. Normally when I post that I've answered all my queries through a certain date it means the ones that I had in the holding pen (that was you) too.

If you have NOT heard back, I'm sorry. Send again.

And remember, I decline all matter of very good and very publishable material every day of the week due to time constraints. Don't read anything more into "sorry not for me" than I'm obviously deranged and should seek professional help it's just not right for me.

Last edited: