The Bragatorium

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Have not been here for awhile. Congrats to all!

100 writers – including Neal Asher, Elizabeth Bear, Gregory Benford, Tobias Buckell, Brenda Cooper, Kathryn Cramer, David Langford, Tanith Lee, Ken Liu, Nick Mamatas, Norman Spinrad, Ian Stewart, Rachel Swirsky, Adrian Tchaikovsky, Ian Watson – and me!

So cool, Willie. Congrats!

My short story "Passetyme with Strange Companye" has been published in the latest issue of Nebula Rift!

Congratulations, Lugal!

amniehaushard

Registered
Reaction score
OK, I'm posting here because my family is very "so what?" about it all.

July was productive! I sold a short flash piece to Ruthless Peoples Magazine and sold a very short flash to the Daily Nightmare crew for their second anthology of "quick shivers."

It wasn't a big month, but at least it was a month with actual SALES. And it got me in HWA, so I consider July a success.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
A 1st appearance from me in something from one of the big 6 publishers!

The FUTURES 2 ebook from TOR includes my story TWITTERSPACE in a great lineup including Neal Asher, Elizabeth Bear, Gregory Benford, Tobias Buckell, Brenda Cooper, Kathryn Cramer, David Langford, Tanith Lee, Ken Liu, Nick Mamatas, Norman Spinrad, Ian Stewart, Rachel Swirsky, Adrian Tchaikovsky and Ian Watson

http://us.macmillan.com/books/9781466879980

9781466879980.jpg

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I put in my signature my recent addition to publication, the short story Forever More. Yes it's under my pen name, it's more of a branding thing than a privacy thing at this point.

If you would rather I put it in the post itself, I'll be happy to know.

And congratulations everyone!^^

KateJJ

coffee and pistols at dawn
Registered
Reaction score
My short story, "The Golden Knight", was published today on Baen.com. This was the winner of their recent Fantasy Adventure story contest, and my first sale.

Fizgig

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, congrats everyone!

I just sold a story to Interzone and am over the moon since they've published some of my writing heroes. :)

OJCade

Registered
Reaction score
My new novella, The Don't Girls, has just been published by Masque Books. Bluebeard's wife meets Pandora of the box and goes time-tripping through history. :)

PaulLev

I was here 3 months from now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
PaulLevinson.net
Last edited:

Evan Henry

Short story-ist, editor for hire.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blackshipbooks.com
I woke up this morning to an email from Apex letting me know my very short piece has made it past the slush pile at Apex and to the EiC's desk! Chances are it'll still be rejected, but a nice weekend surprise anyway. :)

knight_tour

Fantasy Tourist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedacross.blogspot.com
I'm excited after eight years of writing seriously to finally be published, via Breakwater Harbor Books. The official publish date is November 24, but the Kindle version is available for pre-order now. The print version should be available shortly, along with more ebook options.
15768139672_754774d1d1_o.jpg

Cover Illustration © Stephan Martiniere

Here is the blurb:
Moscow, 2138. With the world only beginning to recover from the complete societal collapse of the late 21st Century, Zoya scrapes by prepping corpses for funerals and dreams of saving enough money to have a child. When her brother forces her to bring him a mysterious package, she witnesses his murder and finds herself on the run from ruthless mobsters. Frantically trying to stay alive and save her loved ones, Zoya opens the package and discovers two unusual data cards, one that allows her to fight back against the mafia and another which may hold the key to everlasting life.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PGW5YZ8/?tag=absowrit-20