Loving the Dead

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to think researching all this black magics and dead people is going to be very interesting...but! Quick q.
You know how Belle fell in love with Beast regardless of him being a monster and animal? We'll my character starts to fall for a Necromancer, who is dead. Does it count as necrophila? What is the Necro falls for her first, so it's the dead loving the living? ....does this fit in with more of a zombie love? Lemme hear your thought!

Osulagh

Independent fluffy puppy.
Registered
Reaction score
How could he love her back if he's rotting in the ground? That would be him, dead. Then her love would be unrequited love.

Let me guess: He died, then was brought back to life. Then he's either living, or undead. He's not dead. If you're working with necromancy, then you should probably understand that if someone is brought back to life and has a mind of it's own, a beating heart maybe isn't the exact sign of life to a necromancer. Though this is entirely up to your own version.

And necrophilia is mostly thought of as making love to corpses, not loving them--though, both fit under the definition.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
And necrophilia is mostly thought of as making love to corpses, not loving them--though, both fit under the definition.

true, but most practitioners report that the lovemaking is more beautiful when in love.

it's old fashioned, yes. but wistful in a gentle and touching way.

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm, I gotcha. I never thought about it, but I guess he could be considered the 'living head.' Though really he's more of a ghoul or lynch, no beating heart. He and the girl talk about souls at one point, and he makes a comment on why humans are so hung up on insisting you have to be 'alive' in order to have one.

Last edited:

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
true, but most practitioners report that the lovemaking is more beautiful when in love.

it's old fashioned, yes. but wistful in a gentle and touching way.

Ya knooooow, I was thinking about having a sexy part, but seeings how he's got no blood flow, it'll be more of the idea of him totally feeling her up. Seems pretty sexy in my head though....

....the hell am I thinking about? What has my life become.

Last edited:

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Ya knooooow, I was thinking about having a sexy part, but seek GS how he's got no blood flow, it'll be more of the idea of him totally feeling her up. Seems pretty sexy in my head though....

....the hell am I thinking about? What has my life become.
Ya know, if a guy is putting all his efforts into making sure the lady has a good time, even if he isn't getting much out of it, being dead might be an acceptable quality in a guy. Just sayin'. ;)

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
Ya know, if a guy is putting all his efforts into making sure the lady has a good time, even if he isn't getting much out of it, being dead might be an acceptable quality in a guy. Just sayin'. ;)

HA! That actually got me thinking, what is he actually going to look like. So I painted my main guy up as I see him in my head. (Or to at least see if I wouldn't mind if someone like this felt me up. Heheheh...)

tumblr_nds835uQhA1rkatkro2_500.jpg

Last edited:

Teinz

Back at it again.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to think researching all this black magics and dead people is going to be very interesting...but! Quick q.
You know how Belle fell in love with Beast regardless of him being a monster and animal? We'll my character starts to fall for a Necromancer, who is dead. Does it count as necrophila? What is the Necro falls for her first, so it's the dead loving the living? ....does this fit in with more of a zombie love? Lemme hear your thought!

You should go and see Corpse Bride...

Reziac

Resident Alien
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.offworldpress.com
You know how Belle fell in love with Beast regardless of him being a monster and animal? We'll my character starts to fall for a Necromancer, who is dead.

I like it. I don't care what it might be correctly called, or to what degree he's "dead" (tho the technical aspects might be interesting). Just make it a good story. :)

I like your drawing, too. He's exotic without being weird.

BTW -- lynch? do you mean lich?

ColdWintersNight

Registered
Reaction score
I like it. I don't care what it might be correctly called, or to what degree he's "dead" (tho the technical aspects might be interesting). Just make it a good story. :)

I like your drawing, too. He's exotic without being weird.

BTW -- lynch? do you mean lich?

I'm glad you dig it! (Ha! Burial pun.) And yes? I swore I looked it up and I have seen it written as lynch too? Is it more common to use lich?

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I'm glad you dig it! (Ha! Burial pun.) And yes? I swore I looked it up and I have seen it written as lynch too? Is it more common to use lich?

Lich is most common in fantasy. It originally referred to a dead body, but in fantasy, it's often used to refer to an undead magic user type being who possibly stores his/her soul externally (in a phylactery). It can be spelled lych too, but I've never seen "lynch" used in this way. That's an entirely different word that's not even pronounced the same.

Dryad

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ShannonKnight.net
Yeah, lynch is just a mob kill hanging. I think the word necrophilia gives the wrong idea, but you could play with the word usage as your characters come to terms with their feelings, I suppose. How you write it could dramatically change whether this is a comedy, horror, romance, etc.