Status
Not open for further replies.

introvertedwife

Herder of Incubi
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ellenmint.blog
Only took another two hours but I got most of the halloween props up. Now to wait for cover of darkness to start it all up.

Had to take some time off so the minion could visit the dog park.
c671f91a-fdcb-436f-aec9-681f3931feba.jpg

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
afa115b6-86a3-4ced-b255-3d1f5033ffcc_zpsedef3057.jpg

I just finished my final pumpkin (the wolf). It was supposed to be an "easy" stencil but the thing took me more than two hours to complete.

It's raining here, which puts a damper on things. Doubt we'll see many trick-or-treaters tonight. On the bright side, if we have candy left over, I'll just bring it to work and devour some there. We got the full-size candy bars. :D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Halloween! My little Winter Soldier is prowling the streets in a terrible wig. I made him leave the knife behind.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
So I've been gone all day from the Cantina; I've been busy. Had a doctor's visit today and that was nothing but good news. I have gained eleven pounds since my last visit (which makes sense; I've been eating three meals a day on top of three diet supplement drinks on top of the occasional milkshake attack). Soon as I gain the other 19 pounds (thereby stabilizing my heart and blood pressure), we can schedule the surgery to remove that annoying gall bladder, and repair the stupid hernia.

Come on, weight, get a move on. I want that damned surgery! I've been doing this for two years and I ready for it to be over with already!

Once I finished that, I had to come home and mix audio. Halloween Triptych for Gypsy Audio, and my piece is the first offering. It's called "Don't Touch That Dial," and just follow the link to listen. I play the screaming woman, and I freaked my husband out when I was recording my part. He knew I was going to be screaming, and he knew what it was for. But apparently, it was a little too realistic for his nerves. I told him I was just channeling my memories of childbirth, heh heh heh.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
So I've been gone all day from the Cantina; I've been busy. Had a doctor's visit today and that was nothing but good news. I have gained eleven pounds since my last visit (which makes sense; I've been eating three meals a day on top of three diet supplement drinks on top of the occasional milkshake attack). Soon as I gain the other 19 pounds (thereby stabilizing my heart and blood pressure), we can schedule the surgery to remove that annoying gall bladder, and repair the stupid hernia.

Come on, weight, get a move on. I want that damned surgery! I've been doing this for two years and I ready for it to be over with already!

That's great! :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Huzzah, Indeed, Junely! :)

Very quiet Hallowe'en here - cuz it's raining! Yay! I love it! And people are burning fires and it smells so good!

In bad news, my box is officially lost and now I gotta wait to reorder. Sigh. Also I got a book that didn't have a dust jacket because I'm stupid and didn't realize what the little bookie picture next to the thing meant and I bought it. I bought it and there is no dust jacket. And that's terrible.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina. I've been away from here for a while again, but now I'm on leave from the dayjob for nine (working) days. Seems ages...but I'm sure it'll go sooner than I think, so better make the most of it!

If things had happened another way (i.e. if I didn't have to get the roof repaired) I'd be on my way to the USA and World Fantasy this weekend. Oh well, it was not to be.

Anyone going to see Interstellar next week? I've booked for the BFI IMAX in London for the 10th.

Hope everyone is well, and :Hug2: for those who need them.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Finally decided a costume for a party I was invited tomorrow. I'm going as... George R. R. Martin!

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Saturday morning Cantina.

:hooray:Sounds great, hope you get there!

Working on some NaNo words and cleaning house. Exciting times and all. You, CM?

Ditto.

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what's worse - packing when you have to move, or unpacking afterwards. :rolleyes:

I have. So. Much. Stuff. still packed, in boxes and bags and suitcases, and I don't wanna undo any of it. :tongue

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
All day board meeting is loooooooooong.

Eww. On a Saturday? Why?

Finally decided a costume for a party I was invited tomorrow. I'm going as... George R. R. Martin!

Nice, Max!

It's just after 10am here and I have 1343 words for NaNo already. So excited! I fell *write* into the groove today. :tongue

WootWoot!

I don't know what's worse - packing when you have to move, or unpacking afterwards. :rolleyes:

Definitely after. And before. And the moving. And stuff. No good, all.

For those who asked, pics of the pint-size Winter Soldier are Here

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Indeedy.

The kidlets have all their clothes stuffed away in drawers and the closet, whereas mine... *looks at the full suitcase on the floor*

Soooooo, maybe I should start on NaNo, no? :D

introvertedwife

Herder of Incubi
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ellenmint.blog
The final vestiges of Halloween are torn down and put away. I finally went through all the pictures and slapped together a video, which took most of the day. I never get much of anything written on the first day of NaNo. Too much to still mop up from All Hallows Eve.
10486036_10101618433293673_8710396118954031197_n.jpg

Here's the video of the set up in action if anyone wants to see it all. I'm glad it's over, but I'm not taking the skulls off my mantle for a few more weeks.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
The final vestiges of Halloween are torn down and put away. I finally went through all the pictures and slapped together a video, which took most of the day. I never get much of anything written on the first day of NaNo. Too much to still mop up from All Hallows Eve.
10486036_10101618433293673_8710396118954031197_n.jpg

Here's the video of the set up in action if anyone wants to see it all. I'm glad it's over, but I'm not taking the skulls off my mantle for a few more weeks.

Fantastic!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Great video. Your yard is awesome! I've seen haunted houses with less cool stuff. So how many kids refuse to come to your door because they're too scared? ;)

Good evening Cantina! I start my first midnight shift tonight. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, especially since I didn't get nearly the amount of sleep I would have liked. It's going to take some time before I get adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.