Not open for further replies.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Firstly: :snoopy:

Looking for a home to call my own. I was a mystery writer but in recent Nano's I've been known to skip around. I seem to have a scifi/fantasy on my hands. I think. :)

:welcome:

Hey. I just graduated from college yesterday, so now I'm unemployed.

Oh joys of adulthood.

Firstly, :partyguy: for graduating. Secondly, good luck with the job hunting. I'm sure something will pop up soon :)

*quietly hugs that Cantina*

Kaidonni

Registered
Reaction score
Your strongest drink, bartender!

There's no question about it, I'm indecisive and second guess myself far too much...

What started out as mainly a conlanging experiment, which has also evolved into cartography, has great potential for a story (or stories). The only thing is - since it's heavily inspired by Japanese fox folklore - I can't decide whether or not to set it in a non-White non-European culture. I am leaning heavily towards doing that, but partly because I felt it was contrived to send someone from one side of the world to the other and end up saving another race of people; I was considering a 'PoC saving white people' approach (it'd certainly be nice for a change), but why travel so far? And whatever the effects on the culture of the people he saves, why not those on his own people back home?

Yeah, all that journeying feels contrived because it probably is - I like a few concepts that tie in with it, but I'm trying to force those concepts down my throat, trying to shoehorn them in at the expense of other concepts. That isn't to say I lose them entirely, just that they come about differently...

Last edited:

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Cantina! :partyguy:

Um, if you have any extra wanting to write feeling, could you send some my way? I really need to do another rewrite on this story swap story today or tomorrow. And I'm sitting here really not wanting to open up the file. :Shrug:
Wait, I think there's a smiley for that. :whip: Here, help yourself. On the house!

I was just thinking how I'd need a dose of that as well, since I really should be giving my soltice swap a good edit especially when the end-week's going to be very busy.

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
::big thump on the doorframe, walks in with a busted tablet::

Who the heck told the builders to put a doorway there?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders down to the other end of the bar hoping to hear more about Japanese fox lore....*

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
Ain't it the truth, Max. Congratulations on your graduation!

Congratulations on graduating!
:partyguy:

That sucks about being unemployed though.

Welcome to all of the cantina-ites, you'll love it here it's a great place to hang out.
:welcome:

Ok off to work on my idea about aliens on leashes, and then to see what I can do in the basement to clear a path for the plumber, this is day whatever of no hot water the hw heater died last Saturday.

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
*snuggles in LAM's purple squee*

Purple squees are made for snuggling. :D

:DOh, by the way, I have a minor complaint about all you selfish North American type people. Why you hoggin all the snow? I mean, come on, it's February 5th, and after last night's 20cm(8 inches) snow fall, I have 20cm of snow in my yard.

We had snow in Florida, so :e2tongue:

Looking for a home to call my own. I was a mystery writer but in recent Nano's I've been known to skip around. I seem to have a scifi/fantasy on my hands. I think. :)

:hi:

Oh joys of adulthood.

:TheWave::TheWave:
Congrats!

:TheWave::TheWave:

Also:You're making me afeared. :scared:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Congrats, Max!

And :hi: to all the folks coming through the door!

Working from home today. Too slippy out. We got a few inches of snow...then a quarter inch of ice. I'm not shoveling my driveway until it stops raining because ice on snow is so much easier to remove.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
*Grabs medic smibbles and the medicinal smibbles.*

*Has a BBQ in the Quarantine Quarter*

The weather was crappy here yesterday with snow and ice, but the worst is that I woke up and I think I'm getting a stomach virus. *Turns green*

I'm hoping I can leave work after I handle a couple of urgent tasks.

ETA: I so wish I could work from home. It'd make feeling miserable much easier.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
It...it's back. It's beautiful. *sniff* And so many new faces!

Barkeep, your strongest cough syrup, plz. I'm just gonna go curl up in a corner with a blanket and box of tissues.

...There's a Quarantine Quarter? Hoorah, I don't have to be antisocial! *joins TJ and other sickies*

Oh joys of adulthood.

Congrats, Max!!

Little Anonymous Me

Registered
Reaction score
*sends nurse smibbles to the Contagion Corner* :e2heartbe

I'm seriously contemplating living off grilled ham and cheese all week. Not because I have to, but because I am an addict with a problem.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I am kind of tempted to do something similar but I have a feeling that I should try to eat something at least somewhat healthy sort of.

G. S. Jennsen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gsjennsen.com
Wow, a mere 2 pages...this is the first time I've been around to witness the regeneration into a new thread (does it only get 13 lives, or has it been granted a magical reset like our Doctor?). :rulez

We had a beautiful weekend of snow in Colorado - not the nasty icy windy kind, but big, puffy, sparkly flakes :). Also, yesterday. And apparently tomorrow. :e2woo:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Eating carrot sticks and salad balances out teh awful, right? :tongue

Also, I'm apparently eating lunch at 10am. Om nom nom.

Oh totally. Just rounding things out. You got protein, dairy, grain (assuming you mean a sandwich and not grilled ham steaks and cheese like a cheese platter.) Add a salad, and you've got almost the whole food pyramid.

ULTRAGOTHA

Merovingian Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
:DOh, by the way, I have a minor complaint about all you selfish North American type people. Why you hoggin all the snow? I mean, come on, it's February 5th, and after last night's 20cm(8 inches) snow fall, I have 20cm of snow in my yard.

I invite you to personally come to my house and take all 12 inches of snow topped with sleet and freezing rain away. Preferably before I have to go to work tomorrow.

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
It hasn't snowed where I am for a while, actually. It's also -2 degrees.

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
*sneaks in quietly*

Ooooh pretty, new Cantina

*sets up pen, paper, and fluffy white thing repellent*

*lets baby white tiger out of cage*

P.S. Congrats, Max on the graduation and good luck on the job hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.