Once Upon a Time

Violeta

All I Ever Wanted Was The World
Registered
Reaction score
(I'm sure she'll "order" him back or something when the town's in need of assistance, which will negate the whole thing, but for now - she's finally awesome.)

I'm confused... I was under the impression that once they crossed over, there was no magic whatsoever. So Marian crossing over took away her "illness", and Rumple crossing over... just means the dagger doesn't work on him anymore. The no-magic rule of our world negates the power of the dagger. So Belle can order all she wants, he's not doing s***. :Shrug:

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'm confused... I was under the impression that once they crossed over, there was no magic whatsoever. So Marian crossing over took away her "illness", and Rumple crossing over... just means the dagger doesn't work on him anymore. The no-magic rule of our world negates the power of the dagger. So Belle can order all she wants, he's not doing s***. :Shrug:

He's not, but that doesn't mean the dagger isn't. It depends on how they want to spin the magic of the dagger. If the magic that bound him to the dagger is still beholden to the wielder, then it's handwavable that the dagger can reach into no magic world and bring Rumple back. It would be Belle doing the magic, not Rumple.

Remember that Storybrooke didn't have magic at first, but magic worked there, and magic has proven to work in the real world already. Mushu was in real world China, but still possessed of some story book power.

Witch_turtle

hanging around for a spell
Registered
Reaction score
Belle sending Rumple away was definitely awesome and tragic.

I expect "Frozen 2" will open right where we left off, with Elsa walking Anna down the aisle.

One thing I didn't get--Rumple told Ursula (in NYC) they had "two more stops" to make, presumably to gather Cruella and Maleficent, but the latter is still under the library in Storybrooke, isn't she? And also sort of...dead? How are they supposed to get to her?

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
One thing I didn't get--Rumple told Ursula (in NYC) they had "two more stops" to make, presumably to gather Cruella and Maleficent, but the latter is still under the library in Storybrooke, isn't she? And also sort of...dead? How are they supposed to get to her?

That occurred to me, too. I'm hoping there's somewhere else he needs to go, because if they suddenly decide that Maleficent has been alive and kicking in New York this whole time, I will have serious issues with that.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe it's one stop to fetch Cruella, and one to fetch whatever they need to get back into Storybrooke. Either that, or the Storybrookers dealt with the dragon by dragging her to the town line and dumping her so that she had to stay a woman.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
No spoilers, I'm not looking, not looking! xD

Hey, it's been a LONG while since I watched this show, but with the current draught in other shows, I'm considering going back. Question is - is it worth it? Did it get better?

...maybe, just maybe, Henry died? PWEASE, that alone would make me rush back in :D

No, but seriously, should I go back or let it go for good? I finished somewhere around them going to some castle and a screen of the green witch. I think.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Question is - is it worth it? Did it get better?

...maybe, just maybe, Henry died? PWEASE, that alone would make me rush back in :D

So, Henry didn't die, but he has had a minor role since the new season started. I feel like we've barely seen him, and that's a good thing!

I feel like OUaT did get better, still not as great as season 1, but better. It's worth watching, IMO. No spoilers, but I thought this season was going to take the cake in cheesiness, but it's been surprisingly good.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Late to the party on this thread, but I had to say this about the Rumple/Belle storyline: FINALLY!!

Totally!!! (Though he remains my favorite character. He's the only one who's always interesting!)

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Totally!!! (Though he remains my favorite character. He's the only one who's always interesting!)

Oh, I definitely agree, and I was (somewhat) on board for the redemption storyline they gave him at the end of the Peter Pan arc. But it's about damned time he gets what's coming to him -- and now (I hope) we'll get to see his epic revenge.

JustinlDew

Shortest Query Winner.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justinldew.blogspot.com
Is it bad Mary sue margaret has become the voice of reason and Regina is the hopeful optimist? Also, can we drop the Emma-centric storylines? I'd love to see other characters beside the charming family take the spotlight.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Why didn't Cruella and Ursula just put Rumple in the trunk and take him across the line the first time? :D

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like Belle with the Knave. One of the things I liked about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was that everyone got their HEA, even and especially the red queen and Will. Now OUaT has ruined that.

And I don't like the "throw a baby at it" fix-all that seems to be a thread this season. First they give Maleficent a daughter (maybe a sideways nod to the new "Descendants" series for the Disney Channel) to turn the original dragon-lady into a mad mama who couldn't protect her child from the two most inept "heroes" in history. Now they've cooked up a half-Robin, half-Wicked bundle of who knows what to spite Regina. Blech.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
"Operation Mongoose," the two part season finale, was seriously the most fun this show has been since season 1!

saiko_neko

Registered
Reaction score
Spoilers are allowed, right?

I didn't mind that they made Maleficent a mother, but I did roll with my eyes when Zelena said she's pregnant with Robin. But I loved the finale! In the end of the last season I almost lost my mind because Regina failed with trying to have a happy ending AGAIN because Robin's wife showed up (well, now we know it's Zelena). I hated Emma for that, she is so annoying sometimes. And now ... I'm kinda glad she's The Dark One. :D Maybe I will like her now.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
Am I the only one still watching this season?

Well, after Sunday's premier, I might just be done. Seriously? The exact same plot device AGAIN?

No. Just... no.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Am I the only one still watching this season?

Well, after Sunday's premier, I might just be done. Seriously? The exact same plot device AGAIN?

No. Just... no.

I'm watching but only because my stepdaughter still loves it. I kinda like Emma as the Dark One though. :)

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
So the knights of Camelot ride up ... and this is what popped into my head. I think I may be done with this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

That is exactly what popped into my head too. That said, I totally called the memory loss right before they themselves commented about it. Feels overdone. Like so many things. Husband pointed out that the evil queen got all these cool costumes and they threw Emma in black leather. Eh. Still watching but between the babies/everyone preggers, and the rushing, and cliches, it's a bad fanfiction and they know it.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I caught up on Netflix a bit ago, so I tuned in for this premier. Emma becoming the Dark One seemed like it would have a lot of potential... but the direction they went really disappointed me. I wanted to see the things that happened after they went to Camelot as they happened... not in flashback, which is what I assume they're doing. I'd much rather have seen a progression toward a Dark Emma and how Hook and her family dealt with it.

Calliea

Hush, hush...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, these amnesia plots are getting old :p I agree that it would've been more fun to see them fail to save Emma without knowing they would actually fail for a change.

Then again, I've only went back to this show during the summer TV drought after dropping it cause of the unbearable Henry plots, so by now my expectations are really low and I'll probably keep on lazily following it with my brain on the 'off' setting.