Person of Interest.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I loved the show about the doctor who was consumed by her need for revenge. Especially the ending.

Oh yea!

My three favorite episodes so far are definitely when we figure out who Elias is (the ending to that episode was just perfect, especially with the music) and then the episode about the detective and her past and then definitely the most recent one.

jerriecan

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying Person of Interest - the slow reveals about both Reese and Finch, both men working together but trying to outwit each other at the same time. I'm enjoying those moments more than most of the main plots, to be honest.

And Elias is certainly shaping up to be a worthy adversary.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
It's pretty unusual in any TV show for "Try the eggs Benedict; I've had them many times*" to be a meaningful line that illuminates and advances the relationship between characters :D.

*going from memory, so may not be verbatim

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I like how they slowly reveal more about the characters. They are balancing just right.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's pretty unusual in any TV show for "Try the eggs Benedict; I've had them many times" to be a meaningful line that illuminates and advances the relationship between characters.

QFT.

Reaction score
I love how they make Finch's employee(for lack of a better word) look like Jack from Lost -to pair up Ben and Jack again. I think Carter will be an Ally when she can. I love the theme of the show and I am sure we are not done seeing the full picture.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New episodes start on Thursday. :snoopy:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New episodes start on Thursday. :snoopy:

In the name of logic and common sense, I hope Reese is still convalescing from the events of the last new episode.

At least take one episode to recover before returning to the regularly scheduled beatdowns and butt-whuppings.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
New Episode tonight!

What a great episode tonight. What's everyone's thoughts on it?

Last edited:

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
POSSIBLE SPOILER:

With the exception of Finch "throwing Det. Carter in the deep end of the pool," there was something about this episode that left me feeling like this ---> :Shrug:

However, I'm still a huge fan and I'm glad it's back. ;)

Last edited:

MsDashwood

Getting back to writing...
Registered
Reaction score
I've just caught up with the latest episodes -- or I think I did? the last one I saw was of when Reese was in a wheelchair? Is that the last one for you guys as well? I have to watch them online ;)

Loved the 'hommage' to Hitchcocks Rear Window, by the way - one of my favorite movies of all time :)

And now Carter is collaborating with them which is great.
I am wondering what happened to that guy, Finch's colleague or friend, who also knew about the machine? The scenes we've seen him in have all been from the past, right? Or have I missed something?

Liking this series a lot!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
POSSIBLE SPOILER:

Reese in the wheelchair was aired last night (01/12/12) and it was the beginning of the "new" episodes.

Didn't catch the Rear Window connection, but now that you mention it - yeah!

I thought it was interesting that it was implied that maybe there really isn't a "machine" but that Finch is "the machine."

Or is he?

I just love a mystery and I am sooo loving this. :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Well, they did then show for the first time how the machine worked in a flashback. So I think there is a machine. Interesting idea though. Also the flashbacks where he doesn't limp. Guess we'll find out about that in due course. I opted for POI over the new Finder, think it was probably the right choice.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
My thing with the machine is I think there IS a machine, but it just gathers a bunch of information and Finch can rationalize it.

Did anyone else catch at the end of the episode, Finch's old friend was targeted as a danger?

MsDashwood

Registered
Reaction score
I did see that the name Nathan was a target, and I was wondering if that was his name (the friend)
Right, I noticed the lack of limping, from the past, too.

I saw someone mentioned LOST in earlier posts - is there a connection to LOST? Is it made by the same people?

What is scary about this series is that is isn't far fetched. Suveillance cameras, recording with mobile phones, all those things - it doesn't seem so unrealistic that these tools could be used the way they are used in this series. Quite scary.

Yes, Reese suggested that there was no machine. I wonder why he said that. In the scenes from the past it definately seems like there is a machine.
Now can't wait for the next episode :D

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looking forward to finding out how Finch got the limp and if his family (wife and kids/parents?) were selected by "the machine" but he was unable to rescue them. :cry:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I did think he looked a little too 'not really injured' in the last fight scene. It was pretty convincing up until then.

MsDashwood

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, yes he was a master on the crutches (too) :D

It was fun that the tables were turned in this episode. Poor Finch had to be 'in the field' :tongue

Yeah, Reese is nice for the eyes.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious if maybe that was FINCH'S name. What a twist that would be!

But I kinda remember a face statue of his friend with the name Nathan.