Person of Interest.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Finally all caught up. Really liking the season so far. The premiere was great and I loved the ending song when Samaritan saved the girl. Next week with the kids should be interesting and it looks like they are doing more of a person of the week for a bit which is nice, however, I REALLY hope they do some flashback story lines again soon. It also looks like the captain is a new character.

On a side-note, I still wish last season finale was saved for the series finale. It was such a PERFECT ending for the series in my opinion.

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
So far, I'm not feeling the new normal for Person of Interest.

This whole "hide in plain sight" scenario while doing the exact same thing that got us in this mess in the first place is ridiculous. Of course Reese would get antsy trying to lay low, but dragging the rest of the team back into action is just dumb. I can't buy it.

Yeah, it's totally in-character for Reese but I wouldn't have minded if maybe Shaw had been like, "Look, guys, I'm just going to lie low and sell some makeup for awhile." I do buy that Finch would ultimately be dragged back in, though.

For me, the big positive of the first three episodes has been the resurgence of Reese. Post-HR, he was getting kinda lost, but he's been front-and-center this season.

@playground: This show has some of the best music cues. My favorite is Johnny Cash's "Hurt" from "The Devil's Share." I think I read somewhere that there would be flashbacks at some point.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
That was great. One of my favorites is definitely when we learn who Elias is and John starts questioning what they are doing.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I know!

And can we get more Elias, pleeeeeaaase! Deep down inside, he's Veronica Mars' dad still, right? :D

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SPOILERs in Post...

Glad to see more of Elias.

Surprised to find out the identity of The Brotherhood's leader, but not surprised about the DEA agent.

Trust is a strange thing. ;)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
*Covers eyes*

I am like three episodes behind (last episode I saw, Finch got the bat cave up and running). How's the season been so far, with no spoilers of course please? I'm stoked to catch up soon.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
For me, it's been better than the end of last season was.

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
*Covers eyes*

I am like three episodes behind (last episode I saw, Finch got the bat cave up and running). How's the season been so far, with no spoilers of course please? I'm stoked to catch up soon.

Very minor spoilers, just in terms of who's in the episode.

The next two episodes are a great one-two punch. Episode four centers on the Brotherhood (and the mysterious Dominic). It feels almost like a season one throwback with a nifty twist.

Five has a great plot and is Root-centric. Depending on how you feel about her, it could be the highlight of the season. (It was for me.) It also has some great scenes with Reese and a therapist. It's definitely the most intense so far.

Six was just okay for me, but still enjoyable and it's got the biggest dose of Elias in a long time.

As a whole, it's been a great start for me. Samaritan has been present, but that storyline hasn't taken over the show completely. Reese has felt more involved and like last season, it feels like we're building toward something big.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
So far I've seen two episodes - the last two - and I'm hooked. I don't know what is going on exactly but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. :)

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DANG!

Elias and Dominic = Formidable Foes indeed. ;)

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
A man is not a river and you are not a king.

What a great line. Dominic is the best kind of villain, for my money. Smart, patient, but when he wants to be, ruthless as all get out. The fact that his motto is "Every man dies." not "Every man dies, it's how you live that counts." says everything. Love him.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure about Dominic. I hope he's not been brought in as a way to off Elias. I would enjoy more interaction between them, though, especially if Dominic's presence forces Elias into a position where he's helping "the team" (wittingly or not).

I often wonder how Elias would react if he found out what the team was doing and learned about "The Machine." (The Machine who saved his life.)

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished the brotherhood episode where we see Dominic for the first time. Great episode, even if the young boy wasn't the best actor (understandably so due to his age). I love that Dominic has like a go-to phrase.

Also, Person of Interest might be one of the best when it comes to one-on-one conversations. Seriously, I am always enthralled when it is just Elias and Harold talking, especially the subway scenes in that episode.

Faye-M

Registered
Reaction score
But... Anthony!!! Just as I was starting to trust you, dude. :(

I'm so glad they didn't kill Elias. I can't even imagine the show without that guy!

By the way, this may have already come up in this thread, but I only just found out that the actor who plays Greer is John Nolan, uncle of the creator of the show Jonathan Nolan and his brother Christopher Nolan, the guy responsible for the Batman movies and Inception. I'd seen the name in the credits for years and always thought there might be a connection, but I never Googled it until today. Huh! That's quite a family!

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Okay just saw the episode where Elias met Dominic at the end and gave him the river speech. I loved that dialogue of basically:

"No man is a river and you are no king."

I LOVE this season so far.

Last edited:

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Okay all caught up. Absolutely incredible. Best season so far, which is incredible to me, since season one was so solid.

Hellblazer

So Say We All
Registered
Reaction score
Managed to get caught up on this series over the summer and love every second of it, but I have a question for POI fans that should probably go in a book recommendations thread but given its specific nature I thought I'd ask it here.

Are there any books out there that have a similar theme to S4x02's epic Nautilus? Not just conspiracy thrillers, but stuff with a little high tech element and the life or death stakes that this episode has given us. Kind of like The Da Vinci Code, only ideally a lot better and with more sci-fi.

I'd love to hear what suggestions you guys can come up with.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Managed to get caught up on this series over the summer and love every second of it, but I have a question for POI fans that should probably go in a book recommendations thread but given its specific nature I thought I'd ask it here.

Are there any books out there that have a similar theme to S4x02's epic Nautilus? Not just conspiracy thrillers, but stuff with a little high tech element and the life or death stakes that this episode has given us. Kind of like The Da Vinci Code, only ideally a lot better and with more sci-fi.

I'd love to hear what suggestions you guys can come up with.

Oh man, that's hard. I honestly don't know of anything that would be similar to it.

On a side-note does anyone know if there are new writers for this season or something? This is hands down my favorite season, something I didn't think would happen since season one was so great. Ever since the season finale of last season (which really could have been a series finale) they have been firing on all cylinders here.

Maybe it's also due to how close we've grown to these characters that the payoff is finally happening for a lot of the build-up (kind of like HR take-down). I just hope it keeps this momentum and doesn't go down in quality like the second half of last season did (though it was still fun to watch).

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know when the new episodes start again by chance?

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I am assuming (and you know how well that goes :D) after New Years. The holidays are almost always reruns for most shows.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
And...I'm totally wrong! New episode tonight. Where's the bat signal when one needs it????

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
And...I'm totally wrong! New episode tonight. Where's the bat signal when one needs it????

Some weird schedule going on here. I think this is the first part of this year's trilogy (like last year's HR arc), even though there's going to be a 3-week gap... yeah, someone really needs to explain how trilogies work to CBS.

But hey, last night's episode was pretty good and a solid showcase of how different this show is than other CBS shows. Kind of hard to judge it without seeing the episodes it's setting up, though.

Also, the previous episode, with Elias, was one of the best in the series for me. Great parallelism to Elias's first appearance and just superb cinematography there.

The promos ask, "Will anyone survive?" I'm going to take a wild guess: yes, someone will survive.

Can't wait to see what POI brings for 2015.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
The episode was good but the last few have just been so solid that this one just came across as "okay" for me and it was kind of weird having the two machines converse like that.

I also think Root will be killed, they've been spending an awful amount of time of Finch telling her how she shouldn't trust the machine and how the machine will make the decision that it thinks is best not based on emotion and how Root is willing to sacrifice herself. They also fixed their mistake of with Carter when they killed her off without trying to build the relationship further with her and Reese. Compared to now where they have spent a good amount of time building the relationship with her and Shah.

I also think it would be cool if they lose their lair and are on the run again.