Arrow

Dr Strange

Drunk. Again.
Registered
Reaction score
I will give it a shot because I heart superheroes, and green arrow is badass. I don't think it'll turn out good though. Gotta be better than Revolution.

mhjess

Registered
Reaction score
I have a lot of hope for this show. I need Katie Cassidy on my television weekly. She made Harper's Island for me. Okay, so the serial killer on an island thing would've had me regardless, but Katie Cassidy was a definite plus!

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
They need something to fill that Samllville gap. Happily on board.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I don't typically watch the CW, but the preview definitely has me intrigued. Plus, I have an odd fascination with archery. Yeah, I'll have to check this out.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Just saw the first episode. I don't know much about Green Arrow, other than the version of him in the Justice League/JL: Unlimited, so I don't know how accurate this depiction is but I liked it. Everyone involved in the fights did a fantastic job, the twist at the end was nice, and according to the preview, we're going to get another hero in the show. Weird thing is, she looked a lot like Black Cat, a Marvel hero who often shows up in Spiderman stories.

As a side note, I wouldn't mind seeing some crossovers with other DC heroes in the show. Maybe the Batman from the movies if they can afford it. Or Huntress, that would be cheap and bring in another archer hero.

Last edited:

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
I think we'll probably get the snarky Green Arrow in time, it's just that the beginning needed to be more serious. I'm curious if we'll get Speedy in the show. He's had some good animated adaptions in Teen Titans and Young Justice.

Also, if they do a live action Justice League movie anytime in the next few years, I hope they use this Green Arrow.

TNK

Registered
Reaction score
I liked it. I hope it stays around for awhile. :D

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I see the Green Arrow as radically different based on the 500 or so issues of it in my closet. Not even close. And I would have preferred more Marvel and less Hamlet.

But I'll give it a chance.

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
And I would have preferred more Marvel and less Hamlet.
Green Arrow done a'la Marvel would probably get DC suing someone, since he's theirs. ;)

And they do seem to have a nod to the comics as more than just basic foundation. I mean, he had Deathstroke's mask impaled on an arrow on the island by his rescue-me bonfire, which suggests strongly that at some point during those five years he fought and killed Slade Wilson (no mean feat). This seems to be backed up by the fact that the preview for episode two showed him fighting Ravager (Slade's daughter Rose Wilson).

That aside, there were some pretty ridiculous bits. (How convenient that someone scarred and burned over so much of their body was scarred so photogenically and their face/hands/forearms were untouched!) But the lead was actually believable as parkour-hero-Ollie in the action scenes, and I don't entirely mind the darker take.

After all, trying to bring four-color heroes across to live-action television without *some* sort of adaptation rarely seems to work well.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Pterofan, they aren't doing a show connected to Smallville at all, so he was never asked. New takes with new people behind it and all that.

Comics Green Arrow has had 2 takes - a lighter version and a mature run from 1987-early '90s.

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the "adequate" camp. I wanted to like it, and it's better than other shows in the same general genre that I've wanted to like over the years, but there wasn't anything particularly compelling about it, other than the visuals. The dialogue was generally pretty mundane.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Other than a few scenes of some pretty decent parkour, I found it riddled with not plot holes, but plot craters. I'm not familiar with the Green Arrow superhero, and maybe the plot depends on already knowing the backstory. I found it a mix of cliche and unbelieveable and did not set the DVR to record the series.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was okay for a pilot. I'm not really interested in seeing the male/female love interest thing turn into the gal saying, "But, I see something to LOVE in you, even though you verbally abuse me and push me away," BS.

I thought the hero was interesting enough.

It was very "piloty" in a sense, so that can point to better subsequent episodes.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Second episode was decent and gave us what could be a reoccurring villain (that Triad leader). Though I'm not really liking the detective guy. He's coming across as a douche with control issues.