Arrow

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
They would be awesome together. And she's gorgeous, too. :)

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
I read an article in EW about Arrow just yesterday. Apparently, they listen to the fanbase and have made a few changes because of that. For example, Felicity was just supposed to be a super minor guest-starring role and they beefed her up and added her to the team because fans dug her.

Yup. She wasn't just an instant hit with viewers, but the staff love her, too, so they were happy to give her more.

Green Arrow's canon endgame is Black Canary as his wife, which is Laurel, so I'm hesitant to root for ships on this show.

Arrow will have a presentation at WonderCon this weekend. :)

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
So far, the show has liked using other DC characters that don't have powers (plus Black Canary, though she doesn't have her power in this), so it does make me wonder who else they'll have make a cameo. Like Nightwing, Red Hood, or, if they really wanted to get attention, Batman.

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
I had this feeling when Roy Harper was looking at the mini arrow, near the end of this week's episode, that he's going to end up joining Oliver et al, especially given Oliver's thoughtful look when he was talking about him. What else can Oliver do? He wants to protect his sister, and he's into redemption. I don't see any other future for Roy's character.

I think Oliver and Laurel will end up together, and that Laurel's sister really is alive somewhere.

Love Felicity, but I'm not sure who she'll end up with. Maybe a baddie.

Shadow Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
Well, in the comic, Roy Harper was the real name of Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy. So, it'd definitely make sense from him to basically do the same in the same.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, in the comic, Roy Harper was the real name of Green Arrow's sidekick, Speedy. So, it'd definitely make sense from him to basically do the same in the same.

Hmm, why is Oliver calling his sister, "Speedy" all the time now? Maybe they're thinking of doing a little gender-swapping? Or, I dunno.

Burnouts3s3

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's a great show that's also a great sandwhich: lots of ham and cheese.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am officially bored of this show. The "if in doubt have more people discover his secret" and "if in doubt, add more characters" phase has begun.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Most of the people who currently know or who are about to know knew in the comics. It's canon.

I am aware of that, I have a ten year run of Green Arrow stored in my mothers basement. The same problem occurred in the comics until the got rid of all the junk characters, including Speedy. Speedy was *awful* character useful only for the classic but also boring "problem" subplot (back when social problems were very hip comic plots).

My main problem is that this version is like the Green arrow without all the interesting bits, and with the dull bits being increasingly top-loaded. And what's with all the stuff happening on the island? That's not canon at all and re-writes the entire character motivation.

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
damn the last episode pissed me off!
I know they can't have him win EVERY fight but I really can't stand Merlyn and the fact that he lost to him twice. On a side not I'm kinda thinking that Roy will be the one to save Oliver

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that was a bit of a shocker there. I think you're right, I think Roy will find him, seeing as he and Thea are kind of on the trail already. This could also open up a big ole can of worms in regard to Tommy and Ollie's friendship.

Dylan_Perry

Registered
Reaction score
Hey. Just thought I'd pipe in. :hi:

I'm digging Arrow so far. When they announced it, I was weary, and could care less when the trailer debuted. Then I watched it. The first couple episodes were rough (WAY too much Oliver voice-over), but the show found it's legs and became one of my go-to programs.

(Yes, I call my shows programs. It's a thing)

I caught up on the last three episodes, and I'm eagerly waiting for the finale this Wednesday.

And that was my two cents. :)

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
Nice finale. Now Ollie just has to come clean to Lauren. And Daddy Merlin is going to be so ticked when he finds out about Tommy.

Spoiler:
In Entertainment Weekly interview with Marc Guggenheim: Is Malcolm Merlyn really dead? “Well, it certainly looks that way. John Barrowman is amazing and we love him and the one thing I will say with respect to both Tommy’s death and Malcolm Merlyn’s death is this is a show that does flashbacks.”

The finale was very satisfying. Loved Moira's and Lance's unexpected directions. Lots of possibilities next season.

This show is so much fun - so big and silly. I love it.