Gracepoint

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Although my "Watch Buddy" (00Pepper) and I kinda figured it out, the finale was still gripping and amazing.

Absolutely lurved this!!!

*Runs off to order Broadchurch DVD* :D

It was SO good and we so called it! :D I think I may need to watch the finale again. I really don't want it to be over already! I'm gonna make my stepdaughter watch it with me over Christmas break...can't wait to see who she thinks did it. :)

Oh and didn't you love what Beth said to Ellie at the end?

Last edited:

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Aw rats, it's over. This was a weekly treat for me. Broadchurch was great, Gracepoint was great too.

I like David Tennant's Real Life accent so much it was odd seeing the American sounds coming out of him. Anna Gunn was so good. And the rest of the cast good too.

Rats. I wish it were a longer series.

M.S. Wiggins

"The Moving Finger writes..."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Claiming my ignorance here...but wassup with that ending? Pretend I'm 5 years old and didn't 'get it'. Why the last bit of mysterious tension?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Wiggins,

I actually loved that last bit of mysterious tension because it left the viewer guessing as to the outcome.

Occasionally, I find it fascinating when a writer allows the reader/viewer to draw his or her own conclusion...

Sometimes it doesn't work, because there is too much left unsaid or undone, but in this case it worked brilliantly IMHO. ;)

Any thoughts on what (should have) happened next?

Last edited:

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm thinking we weren't privy to what else Tom knew...and told his mother all about it off-camera. If the show continues, perhaps we'll find out (ala back story). I hope it does, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I watched Broadchurch as well—I'm partial to 'our' version.;)

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Aw rats, it's over. This was a weekly treat for me. Broadchurch was great, Gracepoint was great too.

I like David Tennant's Real Life accent so much it was odd seeing the American sounds coming out of him. Anna Gunn was so good. And the rest of the cast good too.

Rats. I wish it were a longer series.

Same here!

I actually loved that last bit of mysterious tension because it left the viewer guessing as to the outcome.

Occasionally, I find it fascinating when a writer allows the reader/viewer to draw his or her own conclusion...

Sometimes it doesn't work, because there is too much left unsaid or undone, but in this case it worked brilliantly IMHO. ;)

Any thoughts on what (should have) happened next?

I think it worked here too and I loved and hated it for the ending. :)

I'm thinking we weren't privy to what else Tom knew...and told his mother all about it off-camera. If the show continues, perhaps we'll find out (ala back story). I hope it does, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I watched Broadchurch as well—I'm partial to 'our' version.;)

I haven't seen Broadchurch but I think that's next up. :) I wish they'd extend the show but I thought that was the last episode. :(

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I'm thinking several scenarios. Roses and Rainbows: Mr. Miller was being noble and sacrificing himself for someone else/some greater 'good'. Dark and Twisted: Danny was 'hit' by several...passed around.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK Wiggins...

Since we're speculating, do you think Vince also "hit on" Danny and maybe even the Priest?

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I still don't get what happened when Tom disappeared.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot about that...

Where was he going?

Was he trying to run away from it all?

M.S. Wiggins

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Since we're speculating, do you think Vince also "hit on" Danny and maybe even the Priest?

Vince? Nah, too predictable. Coates/the Priest? Touchy subject matter. That would be a bold move, maybe too bold to 'go there'. It's possible, though...and also predictable (I mean no disrespect to anyone anywhere). If it's a matter of who else 'hit on' Danny, and if I were the show's writer and wanted to dive into 'new' territory (not so new but what needs new voices), I'd go with it being Tom himself.

juniper

Always curious.
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
The link from RedRajah says Broadchurch has a second season, so I will be content with that. :snoopy:

"David Tennant will next be seen in the second season of the award winning Broadchurch, beginning on 5th January in the UK and on 4th February in America."