Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Screw work Vince! Go daughter's B-day.

Cough is finally easing up. But I have been slacking miserably at NaNo.

Curses!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Housemate had a relapse yesterday--but didn't have to go back to the ER, thankfully. So I spent the day messing around with AC3, but nothing so involved that I couldn't pause and run upstairs to help her. Didn't get anything else done.

Presently, I'm waiting for her to wake up so we can go vote. Not sure what else the day holds (totally depends on how she feels).

The only thing I know is that Housemate and I are going to argue about how much election news we're going to watch tonight, like we do every election. She's a political show junkie--though she's almost as sick of this election as I am, so it might not get too heated tonight.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hope Howsemate feels better Del!

Good morning guys. I had a horrible nightmare about family and death - but I am feeling a bit better now. I hate those kinds of dream - blah!

So :hi: how is everybody this morning?

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Housemate is doing better today. We went out and voted, got dog food and she's wiped, but that's just 'cause she's got no stamina 'cause she's been sick for more than a week. But she's keeping food down, which is a big plus. I hope it's over.

Just as well, 'cause it seems her son is passing through tonight and will be taking her to dinner. She hasn't seen him for about 3 years, so it's good she doesn't have to be so sick during the visit, y'know?

And she'll be gone for an hour or so, so I get a break. :D

Life is good.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And I'm headed to bed before any of the election results are in. I also go to bed before midnight on December 31st.

The news won't be any different when I wake up than if I don't, after all.

Good sleep everyone.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I am not old. I hate staying up to midnight on holidays. Makes a reck of the next day and I end up grouchy. :/

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
27 is not old. And can I help it if my elders got it right?

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh, Romney is in the lead right now. NOT happy. I am amazed he got as far as he did. If most folks really knew how "nutty" the Mormon church is...(seriously, it has more in common with Scientology then other religions, but "covers" that history up as much as it can), I don't know if he'd have made it this far.

*cringing, biting nails*
(Sorry, but I pretty much loath the Republican belief system)

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best friend of 30 some years is Mormon, BK.

And while I am not, I know enough to know your Scientology comparison is way off base. WAY off.

I may not be fond of the man, either, but let's watch what we say, shall we?

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Best friend of 30 some years is Mormon, BK.

And while I am not, I know enough to know your Scientology comparison is way off base. WAY off.

I may not be fond of the man, either, but let's watch what we say, shall we?

Apparently your best friend has left out some details, dear. My great aunt is Mormon and she "convinced" my mom into joining the church for awhile as well. Trust me, the Scientology related stuff is not way off base. They're just not allowed to talk about it to folks who aren't in the church. Once you're in (as my mom was), then you start learning about all the "crazy" stuff...and yes, there is crazy stuff there to learn, and plenty of it.

Please don't lecture me. I have the right to my own opinions about the Mormon church, sir. :rolleyes: I don't have a problem with your friend. I just have issues with their belief system, but I don't care for most organized religions anyway.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Elders? What?

:Wha:

The ones who go to bed before midnight because it screws up the following day.

*And my only political statement through this whole darn thing is : I wasn't sure which I feared more ~ change for the worse, or more of the same bad stuff.

And thus the outcome has been announced tonight.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I rarely go to bed before midnight, largely because Mr Neuro doesn't finish work until about then. Until I find a job here, I have no particular reason not to. Plus I'm naturally kind of a night person anyway.

And as a baby-eating non-believer, and a non-citizen who has no vote in the US federal election, I have nothing to say about the other lines of conversation. Other than a generic, 'Let's remember to respect our fellow writers. Especially since I know there are Mormons about, and who knows? Maybe we've got a Scientologist or two, too.'

Ugh. I feel so dirty, advocating for peace and niceness.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
*tossed gasoline on the thread*

:flamethrower

okay...all good now. New start? Perhaps without discussing religion or politics, cuz you all know where those threads end up...

Personally, I don't care. I sort of like TIO, it's fun down there. :Shrug:

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Plus I'm naturally kind of a night person anyway.

Lucky - I'm more of a 'stay up til I'm zombified because I don't want the day to end' kind of person. So then when morning comes I'm blurry-eyed until noon. :/

okay...all good now. New start? Perhaps without discussing religion or politics, cuz you all know where those threads end up...

Eh, I think they'd just cut the offensive part off and send it to TIO. That seems to be all the rage with the other pieces of thread that end up there. ;)

morning guys :hi:

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always figured that was because you were, you know, old.

The day will come when you come sit in the rocking chair next to me, Bos, and then we'll see what's what.

Though the honest reason is that I have to be to work at 6AM tomorrow and if I stayed up too late last night, I wouldn't be able to go to bed early enough tonight.

*cringing, biting nails* (Sorry, but I pretty much loath the Republican belief system)

Will reppie you the comment I had on that and keep the thread in OP. ;)

Morning all. Happy Birthday to my girls.

Happy natal anniversary, girls! Let's hear it for Scorpios! :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday to the girls!

mine is next week, it's all gone by so quickly. Seems like it should still be July or something...

But I love this time of year :)

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score

Iz this what will happen if I put the baby Jesus in my sig for Christmas? What about the turkey for Thanksgiving, or hearts at Valentines, and the little fluffy chicks and crosses and stuff at easter???

hmm...

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a mod (and hopefully never will be :tongue ) but I think the reason they usually end up there is because all too often they devolve into an I'm-right-and-you're-a-doofus sort of mess. Or blanket insults directed at entire political or religious philosophies. Or whatever.

Plus putting something in your signature line doesn't really count as a discussion as such.

Although the animated turkeys you've got going on there might just give me a headache after a while. Mods! Mooooooooooooddddddds! :D

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

I wait all year to bring them out. Nearly forgot I had them this year - what with the books being up and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.