• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tomorrow's Bestseller / Art Universe, Inc.

zerohour21

Okay, well, since that other publishing company that I tried (who I will not mention in this particular thread to keep from upsetting forum moderators) did not work too well, I have searched and found another I might be interested in. However, before I send them any work (though I have emailed them with a few questions), I was curious as to whether or not anyone knew anything about this particular company which is known as Tomorrow's Bestsellers. I have tried to run a Google search on them, but that is rather difficult because most of the results I get back for "tomorrow's bestsellars" are unrelated to the actual company. The link is below; any information, positive or negative, regarding this company, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

www.tomorrowsbestseller.com/default.asp

arainsb123

Re: Tomorrow's Bestsellers

They're free and nonexclusive; what do you have to lose?

snarzler

Maybe its me, but I don't like these "member services":

*Manage Your Registration
View and modify your registration information, including social security number, mailing address (for checks), credit card info (for billing membership), etc.

They store your SSN online? Why do they need a CC# since they claim free membership?

Optional Member Services:
*Print-on-Demand Publishing Services get your books into print and being sold rapidly.

They're new, I'll give them a pass on the POD...for now.

*ISBN Registration Services assure your book can be sold through retail book outlets.

Isn't this supposed to be an automatic with a publishing company? How else are people going to order your book?

*Copyright Registration Services help assure and record your copyright.

Any company that wants to "help" me register MY copyright...starting to pause

*Member E-Marketing Services can bring your book to the attention of a targeted readership.

Trade secrets yada yada yada...its the e part that makes me nervous. I picture spam mail and board posts.

*Member Editorial Services will put the professional polish to your work. Professional authors and new entries to authorship all benefit from profession editing.

Now we're getting there. I wonder how much this "service" costs?
Yes, everyone benefits from editing, but I can hang a shingle and declare myself professional. And trust me, I need an editor for my grocery lists!

They claim membership is free but "some services may require additional investment".

ETA
From their "free" membership form:

Your Free Author's membership will allow you to upload works and start the publishing process. We need information from you that will allow us to collect royalties from sales of your works, and pay you in accordance with U.S. tax laws. At this time, only those holding valid U.S. social security tax numbers may apply. Please enter the required information below.

They ask for your SSN and a credit card number just to join.

RUN!!!!

Andrea :peace

vstrauss

I agree with Andrea. This looks really suspicious.

- Victoria

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow's Bestsellers

Gee, their New Publishing Paradigm didn't survive long. Oh, well. I hope no one lost anything to them.

ETA: Continued to publish under parent name (Art Universe Inc./Art Universe Books) until '10. (artuniversebooks.com)

Last edited: