AprNoWriMo 2015 (not to be confused with the Camp thread)

Lucid

'ello beastie
Registered
Reaction score
I've put in about 3k words over the last couple days. Almost 2k were from today alone. I'm glad because I was lagging behind my personal goal for the month. 500 more words and I'll be back on track. I may or may not get them tonight. For now I'm at 14,579.

I'm at an interesting place in the story. One of my characters has just taken the reins from me - the first time it's happened to me, and I find it amusing.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
949 words of fiction, 168 words of source material transcription for a non-fiction book.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got very little written yesterday (I was traveling) but had a pretty good day today. Finally made the halfway point on my Camp goal, and am anticipating getting a fair amount done over the next two days.

Write 30k words for Camp - 15,624 out of 30,000
Revise manuscript of Book #2 in series - 0 of 1
Write a blog post - 0 of 1
Read two books - 2.5 of 2 COMPLETED
Write outline of fantasy series for agent - 1 of 1 COMPLETED[/QUOTE]

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
770 words of WIP, 250 words of transcription. Also spent about 3 hours finishing up a submission for an ongoing writing gig.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Decent day, although I didn't get as much writing done as I'd hoped. I was offered the show I auditioned for on Thursday, so I spent a lot of time emailing back and forth with my agent. Then someone else contacted me about another gig, so more emailing ensued. I just wish my writing work was being met with the same kind of enthusiasm. :Shrug:

Write 30k words for Camp - 16,311 out of 30,000
Write outline of fantasy series for agent - 1 of 1 COMPLETED

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
... I was offered the show I auditioned for on Thursday, so I spent a lot of time emailing back and forth with my agent. Then someone else contacted me about another gig, ...

Well, that seems excellent.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that seems excellent.

Yes indeedy. I turned down the second gig (didn't fit my schedule) but the first gig will put me in Alabama over the summer. It's a role I've done before, recently enough that the lines and music are still in my head. I'm looking at a lot of down time, which translates to WRITING TIME! :Sun:
I'm back home after spending most of yesterday in airports/airplanes - not the most conducive writing atmosphere.

Write 30k words for Camp - 16,825 out of 30,000
Write outline of fantasy series for agent - 1 of 1 COMPLETED[/QUOTE]http://www.absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday I wrote 1030 words of WIP and 550 words of transcription of reference material for my non-fiction book.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't get much done yesterday, but I'm almost to the end of a scene that has been a problem for me right along. I'm not liking the way it's turning out, but now at least I can see where it needs to be fixed.

Never got around to the manuscript revisions of Book 2, but since my agent is still working on selling Book 1 I'm not feeling any particular pressure. Didn't do the blog post either. My life has been so full of my theatrical work that it's hard to think about anything else, and I'm not always comfortable writing about that process - theatres can be awfully touchy if they think you are saying anything negative about their shows. I'd love to do a blog post about my bird-watching (yes, terribly exciting).

I read more than two books (more than the 2.5 I credited myself with), so at least in one area I exceeded my goal.

Write 30k words for Camp - 17,066 out of 30,000
Write outline of fantasy series for agent - 1 of 1 COMPLETED

http://www.absolutewrite.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
The end of the month has slipped quietly away (for me). I'm home sick, so I thought I might sort out my writing goals.

1. Edit 4 UF Chapters 4/4 yay! Though possibly bad since I know how fast I can edit if I push myself and have no excuse for my laziness :p

2. Edit 1 Short Story Didn't complete the short, but I got most of it done, plus I started edits on another.

3. Write A Decent Amount of Contemp Romance (I'll know a decent amount when I see it). 15k, I think that counts as decent.

4. Read 6 books. 1/6. Yeah... I think part of the problem was I stalled on a book. Rather than putting it aside, I just kept looking at it and not reading it.

5. Edit 2 pages OR 500 words a day. Yay!

Good luck to everyone else on their goals - I know many didn't reach their Camp goals, but I hope you are happy with what you did do or enjoyed it along the way.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
I did miserably. The fluctuating temps in my part of the world were killer on my body, and my brain's been too tired to get in more than a handful of long writing/editing days. I did better at the end of the month, but I just couldn't catch up.