Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I ALSO (OMG) have an idea (well, I've had it for a very long time, it just keeps resurfacing), where someone in a bookshop finds a "love note" and then has to go on a treasure hunt to find the admirer.

I blame Valentine's Day coming for all these things going round in my head!

bertrigby

Dysfunctional dystopian
Registered
Reaction score
reminds me of 'serendipity' a little bit, lisalulu. although that is a really bad film and I think your version would be better!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I ALSO ... have an idea ... where someone in a bookshop finds a "love note" and then has to go on a treasure hunt to find the admirer.

I blame Valentine's Day coming for all these things going round in my head!

There was a Halmark movie like this too, not too long ago.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, it reminds me of Letters to Juliet. But that doesn't mean don't do it. There are no new ideas, only new executions.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
My problem is that I have way too many ideas recently. Way too many.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, it reminds me of Letters to Juliet. But that doesn't mean don't do it. There are no new ideas, only new executions.

That's what I thought too.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. I was thinking of DASH AND LILY'S BOOK OF DARES, which I haven't actually read yet.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Eee, sending out my R&R. Thank you to Smiley, who helped me organize my thoughts for the e-mail today.

Kim Fierce

Attack me with everything you have.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kimnflowers.blogspot.com
I had an idea. What if there was a pact between friends never to fall in love? (I was looking up suicide pacts and... it just came to me).

Two of my characters in The Divide have that pact! They are Malaki and Akasha, but the pact isn't discussed until book two which is being written as we speak lol. And it isn't the main plot. In book one Malaki is like the 3rd most important character and Akasha her best friend and more minor so I don't get into deep details about their friendship because the MC is a character named Serenity.

But Book 2 is POV Malaki!

Last edited:

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've cooked a real meal, watched an episode of a tv show, printed out a story to crit (like short stories are my forte?), sent out my R&R, reviewed a book, wrote a blog post, and now I'm going to read. I guess it was a pretty good use of my half-day off. Too bad I had to miss choir thanks to my maybe-allergies-maybe-cold.

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
JK! Congrats on being a Breaking Badder. Awesome, right? I LOVE the name of the episode you last finished. "Faceoff." Get it? (Heh.).

LisaLu! Embrace the ideas! Don't you dare go griping about it!

Okay. I'm thrilled. Can you see me jumping up and down here in Kansas? Okay, well, I'm not jumping up and down, but I'm sure wiggling a finger around. I'm on Amazon! Huzzah and hollah! Trying to set up my author's page, but...I tried to post a photo and it wouldn't take.

I think my ugly mug broke Amazon. I dunno. Maybe they'll make a Lifetime movie about the guy who took down Amazon or something...But I swear, if they cast James Gandolfini as me, I'm gonna' sue!

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
Also and GAH!

Amazon (the part I didn't break) wants to know what my RSS address is for my blog. I swan, after 23 years of creating art on a computer you'd think I'd know how to go about finding it, right? Well, you'd be wrong! (Remember, here in Kansas, our computers are powered by cattle energy). Any help?

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sage on getting that R & R sent out. Good luck!

I'm still plodding through replotting my sidekick story. It's not going well, to be honest. I might just push it to a side and get restarted on revising Talented, which I think I've had a long enough break from.

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
I just looked at my author page on Amazon and have no link to my blog. I guess I didn't figure out that RSS thing, SIK.

Oh, and Face Off....yeah. Fantastic. I have rewatched that scene all day. Too bad I have to wait SO long for Season 5 to come to Netflix.

Sage, good luck and congratulations for getting that out. You did a lot in half a day. I do a lot less in a whole day.

I wrote and wrote, then saw it was only 200 words. Groan!

Stuck In Kansas

Registered
Reaction score
JK! Wasn't "Face-off" brilliantly acted and written? I'm still thinking about it a year or so later. Dang. Talk about good writing. Unbelievably good.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
I read Face Off and immediately thought of the fairly horrible Face/Off movie from the 90s with John Travolta and Nicholas Cage. Not sure what that says about me...

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I thought of the Discover Channel make-up-artists show. So you're not alone.

Lhipenwhe

Moving with my soul, step by step
Registered
Reaction score
So, um, hi. I'm Lhipenwhe, and I might've posted something in a previous OPWFT thread. I've decided to try to get back to writing YA, and I (hope) I'm making good progress with it. It's a non-high fantasy, with some horror elements. Right now, though, I'm looking for a writing buddy, for feedback and help with my narrative voice.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Tweets that are relevent to some yesterday:

"I got another idea last night. A short story/novella called THE VALENTINE'S DAY SURVIVAL GUIDE (or #TVDSG)."

"However I think #TVFSG is something I could do as a side project alongside #ParagonAcademy - either as an on the go thing or in a notebook."

"The #TVDSG protaganist has declared that her name is Sophie. This is also on my list of possible baby names. #what #nowisnotthetime"

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The title sounds cute, Lisa!

YAY, SMILEY! I'M BITING MY NAILS AND CUTICLES FOREVER! (although my R&R agent actually has pretty fast turn around)

Also, I'm going to start querying today again because she said nothing about exclusivity on the revisions. I waited for her response to make sure she wouldn't ask for it, just in case.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
So, um, hi. I'm Lhipenwhe, and I might've posted something in a previous OPWFT thread. I've decided to try to get back to writing YA...

Nice to see you around, hope the writing is going well :hi:

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
It's actually going to be an anti-Valentine's Day thing. Or at least that's what I'm hoping. I'm just not 100% sure what to do with it?

Random question: How do you guys deal with writing embarrassing or possibly compromising scenes in public...?

Status
Not open for further replies.