Valor: fairy tales comic anthology on kickstarter, a few hours left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNighSwan

Banned
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this post isn't appropriate for this forum.

Anyway, I should have posted this sooner, but we are currently in the last hours of a kickstarter to launch "Valor", a graphic novel anthology of YA fairy tales with female protagonists, and mostly female authors.

It can be found here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1987386669/valor-a-fairy-tale-anthology-about-courageous-hero

I read several of the webcomics of the creators of this project, and I can attest they're all pretty talented people that deserve support.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
No hassle intended, just asking, you say "we" and then you say "the creators of this project" as if you're not part of that group, is this something you're personally involved in?

If not -- I dunno what the policy is on members posting what's essentially ads for non-members. I suspect such practice may be discouraged. Either that or threads akin to this one will end up merged together, like the "competitions" thread in Scripts, Stage, and Screen forum, when they appear.

-Derek

TheNighSwan

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, no, I have no direct involvement in this project, which is precisely why I'm not sure if this is ok.

A clarification on this matter would be nice though, because I often come across kickstarters for graphic novels or illustrated books that could benefit from being posted on AW, if this is allowed (posting all of those in a single thread would be fine by me too).

Grigoris

fifth level cleric
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Perhaps a single thread for promoting Kickstarters would be good. Should promotions for a creator's comic also be included? I've noticed that some creators have talked about their comics here and then when they get noticed or become successful have disappeared from the AW boards. Perhaps a thread for promoting Kickstarters and people's works would be keep them coming back and sharing their knowledge. I know there is a place for posting newly published works for writing in general elsewhere on AW.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
It's a no for non-member projects (no surprise there).

AW members with Kickstarter projects should check out the thread in Announcements, Events, and Book Promotion forum:

The AWers' Kickstarter & Indiegogo Projects thread

And there's always your signature space.

-Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.