• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

Soopid Quesetion#3 What should I avoid when writing about a cheating wife character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreF

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I second this.

AndreF

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously though I will look into those species just because that peaked my curiosity in them.

And a more funny note in animal world I saw a Beta Female (in a wolf back) on NatGeo cheating on the Alpha with another male while the Alpha was away on a hunt with the rest of the back.

Alpha came back and saw that some other male was handling business. Well you know how Canines get stuck ... I had no idea the bond was strong that when the other male was running for its life from the Alpha and the rest of the pack it was dragging the beta female with him.

Thomas Vail

What?
Registered
Reaction score

As for moving forward its typically a happy ending. The one that was cheated on becomes successful while the other is nothing more than a bum living in a box. Its things like that I'm looking to avoid as well. Yes we all like to see the bad guy suffer and get theirs in the end. But sometimes the bad guy (or in the case the one that cheated on the spouse) ends up a decent place too or the good guy winds up in a bad position in the end.
I'd say one thing to avoid is labeling one person as the 'good guy' and the other as 'the bad guy.' In general you're going to have more success treating the characters as more nuanced than that.

The reasons that drive people's bad decisions should be as comprehensible as the ones that drive their good decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.