Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With five days left, I'm closing in on my final goal:

Current WIP word count: 98,454 out of 100,000
Books read: 2.5 out of 2 COMPLETED
Blog posts: 2 out of 2 COMPLETED
Beta-read friend's novel: COMPLETED

And congratulations on that stellar grade, Cliff Face!

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I've been busy. :tongue Ready for this term to be over. Just two more classes and a five-hour work shift and I'll have until Monday off. Yay for four-day weekends and American Thanksgiving! (Derail: one of my Chinese friends got SUPER confused at the beginning of the term because one of her friends texted her that it was Thanksgiving and our Thanksgiving break wasn't for another month. Her friend was Canadian. :))

I'm running a 5k on Thursday morning and I'm excited about it. :D The T-shirt I got for it is HUGE! The first thing I though when I tried it on was "well, it's too big, but I'll run with it." And then I mentally headdesked after realizing that I made a terrible pun without any effort whatsoever. >.>

I have my schedule for next term. Kind of. :) I'm taking the second term of second-year Japanese, a history of science class (needed more upper-division science and I'm not great with science classes so humanities-type science classes are good for me), and a theories of literacy class. The latter has a required internship too, and I have NO idea when or where that's happening yet. :tongue I'm also kind of sort of taking a genre comics class. The registrar decided it didn't want to play nice with me because I've already taken a class with that course number. There is NO overlapping in the materials, but because I already took a course with that number they won't let me take it again for credit. Instead I'm taking an independent study course with the professor studying mostly the same material and attending the classes. It's as roundabout as you could possibly get just to take a class, but I'm excited about it. :)

I also just got hired as my Uni's new comics magazine's first copy editor. :)

So much to do...

~Amber~

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So close I can taste it...

Current WIP word count: 99,220 out of 100,000

With luck, I won't be so busy in the kitchen tomorrow that I can't sit down and whack out few hundred words. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
Today's plans:
- write a review for on my reading blog
- write a blog post on my author blog
- write 3k in my WIP
- work on my thesis (incorporate info from at least one book, rework based on suggestions, send out email to professor)
- work on client edits (and hopefully finish those today, although I don't have high hopes for it)

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With two days to spare...UP AND OVER!

Current WIP word count: 100,149 out of 100,000 COMPLETED

And now I'm gonna throw myself a party...

:e2bear::PartySmil:PartySmil:e2bear:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!

As it happens, the seemingly easiest goals I had (watch movies) will probably not be completed this month. I have, however, finished all my Uni stuff and worked on my resume. :)

I may try to watch 1 last movie today, as 1 of the goals was 4 movies (if I recall correctly), and at the moment I've watched 3...

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eh, the movies are supposed to be for fun, right? Get to 'em when you get to 'em.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I have only watched 3 out of 8 this month. :tongue If I was forcing myself to watch them, I'd have finished them all by now. But I'm waiting till I feel like it.

I have, however, watched the entire first season of Community (recommended by a friend, and damn it's good!), and half of season one of 30 Rock. Short episodes gel better with me than long episodes, or even longer movies.

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
Update progress for the month:

1) Nano novel -- 61,000/50,000 -- Hit 50k goal but book isn't finished.

2) WIP revision -- 60896/75916 (Did about 5k this month)

3) Write book reviews -- 0/3 (Only read 1 review book. Planing on reviewing it tomorrow.)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I finished Nano in the last five minutes of the month. But the best part is it brought back that desire to write. :D

Unfortunately I'm going to have to take a break now, but I'm glad my mojo came back.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last edited: