OctNoWriMo 2014!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was up at 7 AM and got a major chunk written before I had to leave for rehearsal. With only one day left in the month it's clear I'm not going to make my reading goal (I'm only about halfway through my final book, The Shadow of the Wind). What with a photo shoot, rehearsal and then trick-or-treaters in the evening, I'm not sure I'm going to make my writing goal - but I'm going to come awfully close.

Current WIP word count: 87,031 out of 90,000
Books read: 3 out of 4
Blog posts: 2 out of 2 (COMPLETED)

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I've been doing the final week of readings for Life Writing. I have one left (28 pages) and then that will be ALL my readings done, done, done! Hooray!

Not sure I'm going to make all my monthly goals, though, as I had planned on finishing off this CNF assignment this month, and it looks like it'll have to wait another day or two or three to be fully edited...

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score
End of the month.

1 -- Finish revision (55000/76000). It's about 74%. Not horrible, but I need to get the rest done this month while doing Nano.

2 -- Outline Nano novel. Done.

3 -- Review books again. I ended up reviewing 2 books this month. I dropped my year to date reading goal to 100 books. I'm at 84/100.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
End of month goal tally:

Goals for October:

1. Survive the 5 or 6 days of wedding stuff at the start of the month.
2. Get some more homework done during those 5 or 6 days.
3. I only have 2 assignments due this month, but I also have a major one due on November 3rd. So complete 3 assignments is the goal.
4. Do all the readings, including literature review readings.
5. Don't go crazy.

1. Done.
2. Done (but only a little bit).
3. Soooo close, but not quite. Still need to finish editing the 3rd assignment.
4. Done.
5. Done.

So all in all, a pretty good month. :)

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I was up at 7 AM and got a major chunk written before I had to leave for rehearsal. With only one day left in the month it's clear I'm not going to make my reading goal (I'm only about halfway through my final book, The Shadow of the Wind). What with a photo shoot, rehearsal and then trick-or-treaters in the evening, I'm not sure I'm going to make my writing goal - but I'm going to come awfully close.

Current WIP word count: 87,031 out of 90,000
You can do eeeettt!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
With an hour left of October (and nary a brain cell left in my head), here are my results for the month:

Current WIP word count: 90,187 out of 90,000 (COMPLETED)

Fortunately I got some work done this morning, and this evening the trick-or-treaters were largely over and done with by 8:30, so I had another block of time for writing.

Not sure what kind of goals I want to set for November yet; my next production opens in about two weeks and while I'm sure to have a good bit of down time while we tech the show, I know there will be a lot of distractions as well. I'll have to think it over.

And just for a little Halloween giggle, here's a shot from today's photo session (my next show is THE LITTLE MERMAID; I'm playing Ursula the Sea Witch):

b2f3773e-19da-4c9e-bce7-855320165cbe.jpg

Happy Halloween, everybody!
a>

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I really hope you stayed in costume while writing your novel. :D

ETA: Congrats on hitting your goal, by the way. :)

I'm sure I'll have photos of me writing in costume as we get into the run. I've got about 30 minutes of down time in the second act.