Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreea

Yeeeesss??
Registered
Reaction score
That's great Greg. I'm going with a plot bunny theme this week.

I have few leftovers.

plot-bunny1.jpg

plot%2Bbunny.jpeg
OMG! That's so sweet. Can I borrow it? I could use some fresh ideas.

I'm about six months late reporting in, but here it is anyway.

The short for the Goodreads anthology was done (almost) in time. Book 1 of Taking Changes is out and I'm almost finished with the main scenes of book 2. Writing the scenes separately is a new approach for me and I'm waiting to see how it will work out.

I have 11k written on this book 2 of the serie with a goal set for 35-40k in only 2 month which is impressive for me, because I'm a really slow writer, but I've tried to keep away from editing before it's done. If I can keep up the rhythm hopefully it will be done before Christmas.

Also, I need to finish up a short for another goodreads anthology, but I don't have a single idea yet and the deadline is Dec 5th so that one's going to be tricky. :(

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
OMG! That's so sweet. Can I borrow it? I could use some fresh ideas.

I'm about six months late reporting in, but here it is anyway.

The short for the Goodreads anthology was done (almost) in time. Book 1 of Taking Changes is out and I'm almost finished with the main scenes of book 2. Writing the scenes separately is a new approach for me and I'm waiting to see how it will work out.

I have 11k written on this book 2 of the serie with a goal set for 35-40k in only 2 month which is impressive for me, because I'm a really slow writer, but I've tried to keep away from editing before it's done. If I can keep up the rhythm hopefully it will be done before Christmas.

Also, I need to finish up a short for another goodreads anthology, but I don't have a single idea yet and the deadline is Dec 5th so that one's going to be tricky. :(

A link you might enjoy? http://nighthagscorner.blogspot.com/2011/02/writing-prompts-for-horror-writers.html

Enjoy seeing Andreea posting.

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Been working on cover ideas for FOTS Book 1 this week so I haven't done much (building 3D models that look right and then designing a good background takes time).

You are multi-talented Greg! http://www.writersdigest.com/prompts

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Kill them. Kill them all...

Oh, wait. Those were prompts to WRITE? I thought they were prompts to take action.

<wonders how to explain to police>

Aw, well.At least when they get here I can be happy that Fire On The Suns was published to Smashwords and Amazon (for Kindle) today. I'll have lots of time to write while awaiting trial...

:)

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Kill them. Kill them all...

Oh, wait. Those were prompts to WRITE? I thought they were prompts to take action.

<wonders how to explain to police>

Aw, well.At least when they get here I can be happy that Fire On The Suns was published to Smashwords and Amazon (for Kindle) today. I'll have lots of time to write while awaiting trial...

:)

Tell them you were visited by three ghosts and had food poisoning?

Congratulations Greg!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs23/f/2007/316/3/a/Horror_Christmas_by_Blackrimshot.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Twisted

Apprentice Wordworker
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Greg. I'll pick up a kindle copy... look forward to reading it.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I am back!

My hard drive crashed and I nearly went into the rapture. But my resourceful child managed to save it. Life and bills,bills,bills interfered with my desire to publish my vampire novel this year.

But setbacks become opportunities in my mind. So I'm saving money and rewriting stuff until I am ready to find(afford) an editor. Good luck and bloody blessings to y"all!

Jrpharoah

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this website, but as I'm writing a supernatural horror novel, and a fan of horror in general, I thought I'd like to stop by.

My novel right now is a supernatural monster story set in Medieval Paris. It's kind of a time-traveling, historical mystery. It's all over the place but hey it's the first draft. Right now I'm about 16k in. Ugh, the first 16k was such a struggle, but I think I'm finally getting to the meat of the story and stepping away from the beginning.

I'm just going to let go and have fun with this one. Hopefully it shapes into something meaningful. And hopefully by the end it all makes sense!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi, I'm new to this website, but as I'm writing a supernatural horror novel, and a fan of horror in general, I thought I'd like to stop by.

My novel right now is a supernatural monster story set in Medieval Paris. It's kind of a time-traveling, historical mystery. It's all over the place but hey it's the first draft. Right now I'm about 16k in. Ugh, the first 16k was such a struggle, but I think I'm finally getting to the meat of the story and stepping away from the beginning.

I'm just going to let go and have fun with this one. Hopefully it shapes into something meaningful. And hopefully by the end it all makes sense!
Welcome to the horror hounds!

Sounds quite interesting. Good luck with your novel. Just keep writing and chop later. A lot of novelist disregard the first chapter, like they had to write it to get to the spot they needed to be.

Hugs and push-ups,

Tigress Tyrant

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I've been horrid in forgetting to update here! I've reached over 55K in my present WIP and am very excited about how it's coming together.

gypsyscarlett

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! Have reached nearly 70K now. Yesterday was a day of editing the manu and revising a certain chapter. Today I'll either continue on from that point or see where my inspiration takes me. (I write out of order)

Hope you are progressing well, also. And everyone else too, of course. :)

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thank you! Have reached nearly 70K now. Yesterday was a day of editing the manu and revising a certain chapter. Today I'll either continue on from that point or see where my inspiration takes me. (I write out of order)

Hope you are progressing well, also. And everyone else too, of course. :)

Nice to see you back. Looks like you're pushing ahead.

I like to save rabbits for the Spring but I really like him. Maybe it can inspire you?
http://www.ingyen-hatterkepek.hu/wallpapers/horror_hatterkepek24-800x600.jpg

I've several projects I'm working on. I'm getting together a collection of poetry for translation into French and Dutch. I'm working on a series of short stories and character sketches , I haven't totally decided whether i want to make them into a novel. And of course my music column. I'm a very busy Tigress. Progress is slow on the creative projects of course but they are getting there. I found a French editor locally, so that will be nice when i get to that point.

gypsyscarlett

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I love that. Made me flash to Bunnicula. :D

That's cool that you have so much going on. How many languages can you write in?

Thus far I've only worked on one project at a time, but having multiple things to work on is tempting. Diana Gabaldon talks here on why she does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tZV_-zwjhI

gypsyscarlett

Registered
Reaction score
Sunday seems a good day for weekly reporting in- so here goes. As well as fleshing out chapter 14, I revised and edited chaps 15-18 these last couple of days.

This coming week I'm exploring one of my other characters, so that should be fun. And I have someone to murder. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.