Horror "stories" in just two sentences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I may just be a total baby, but I saw this on my facebook feed today and thought I would share.

I thought the first couple weren't so scary, but as I kept reading the rest they got more disturbing. (A lot of them play on being alone/living alone and someone breaking in, which is a deep fear that I have.)

http://www.oddcrunch.com/short-horror-stories/0

Edit: I put stories in quotation marks because they're all only two sentences and I didn't know if that would be considered a story. Scenes might have been better.

Last edited:

FantasticF

Going Ham
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I may just be a total baby, but I saw this on my facebook feed today and thought I would share.

I thought the first couple weren't so scary, but as I kept reading the rest they got more disturbing. (A lot of them play on being alone/living alone and someone breaking in, which is a deep fear that I have.)

http://www.oddcrunch.com/short-horror-stories/0

Edit: I put stories in quotation marks because they're all only two sentences and I didn't know if that would be considered a story. Scenes might have been better.

One of them was an incomplete sentence in my book but...

Either way, these were kind of cool to read. Thanks for sharing!

napow27

Pirate, Beer Aficionado, Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.natasha-powell.wix.com
We should see if we could do the same thing as the site. I've tired my hand at one:

While in bed, I looked up and saw my reflection. Thing is, I don't have a mirror above my bed.

Maxx B

Registered
Reaction score
I woke up in a bath tub that I didn't fall asleep in. Something under the water moved, I wasn’t alone.

FantasticF

Going Ham
Registered
Reaction score
Moving through the woods slowly, I noticed something strange. I wasn't the one moving.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever stood between two full-length mirrors, so that it seems you are looking down an endless hallway? If you stare long enough and far enough, you'll see things, coming.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
To torture me, they kidnapped two kids and will force me to kill one. They won't say which of them is my son.

Lemontree

Registered
Reaction score
"I have a wonderful surprise, my mother is coming to spend a couple of weeks with us."
Sara barely finished, as the doorbell rang.

Last edited:

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Glancing down the guest list, I noticed an extra name written in familiar handwriting that wasn't my own.

James died three years ago, but I'd swear his name was written in his own unique script.

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
The morgue locks from the inside to keep the local kids out.
I was working alone one evening when I noticed that the door was ajar.

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
I took the poison with him so we would always be together, and as I felt myself slipping away he looked at me with dimming eyes and whispered, "Jenny, I'll love you forever."

Who the hell is Jenny?

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
The weather was rather pleasant and then the power abruptly went out. There was no wi-fi or electricity for hours on end.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
My husband called to say he's on his way to pick me up.

He died five years ago.

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I've been featuring two-sentence horror stories on my blog for a little while, as a 'Friday Fears' feature. Some are ones I have written, but I'm also inviting contributions. I've recently put up a page to compile them all.

They are quite fun to write, and you have to be disciplined. There are some great ones in this thread, BTW!

Shara

Cosy_Mimi

Registered
Reaction score
She was giving birth to another baby and his loud cries made me uneasy. Fortunately I had sound-proofed the cellar and because I had no neighbors there was little chance of suspicion.

Last edited:

Russian

Registered
Reaction score
Staring at my reflection in the spider's eyes as it prodded me in my silk cocoon, I saw death staring back. As the venom coursed through my veins liquefying my organs, I prayed for the end to come soon.

Qetris

Registered
Reaction score
Some of these are quite horrific. I especially like ShaunHorton's concerning how the Sun hasn't come up yet, and Albedo's concerning the view with mirrors. It seems like the ones that tend to scare me the most are those having to do with some kind of unexpected occurrence, placing the reader off-guard. I have to admit, a lot of two-sentence horror "stories" I've read I actually find to be scarier than horror movies. And lol at the mother-in-law reference.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
This was my most pleasant visit with my ex since our breakup years before. I hope they've gotten her one of those lockable caskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.