XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Quick question, is Lyrical Press more of a romance publisher or fantasy publisher? Someone recommended them to me for Fantasy, but I'm looking through their website and they look to be more Romance-heavy. Anyone know?

They do SF/F, but I think they tend to have a romantic focus.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Have you ever tried to use a pair of scissors with the hand you don't normally use?

Goodness me, it's tough.

i can slice bread and pour tea though. The essentials are covered.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever tried to use a pair of scissors with the hand you don't normally use?

Goodness me, it's tough.

That may be because they're other-hand scissors? You have left-handed and right-handed scissors :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I'm missing Steampunk Day at the Ren Faire. :(
Aw :Hug2: Could we write you one?

That may be because they're other-hand scissors? You have left-handed and right-handed scissors :D
I never considered that. I'll check.

I've got into a real can of wormes with this idea eh?

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can someone just explain to me really briefly and in small words how RSS works so I can follow y'all's blogs? It scares me.

Also, get off my lawn.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
It is the 'Mammoth Book of Apocalyptic SF', edited by Mike Ashley. Twenty-four short stories by people like Stephen

Ahh, I got that for my kindle a while back. Haven't started it (too many books in the TBR pile!), but it looked quite good. :)

I just submitted a flash fiction piece to an online magazine :eek:

W00t! Very best of luck with that, 10s! :)

Can someone just explain to me really briefly and in small words how RSS works so I can follow y'all's blogs? It scares me.

Also, get off my lawn.

The user end is: you get the rss URL from the blog (usually something similar to www.thing.com/feed?rss - but not exactly that) and copy it. Then you go into your RSS reader (I use Mozilla Thunderbird, because I already have it as my email program) and us the subscribe function (in Thunderbird, you right-click on the Newsfeeds section) - there will be a place to put in a feed URL. Paste it in and click OK. Then, whenever you open your program, it automagically checks for new posts. You can then open/view the posts in your reader. I know Mozilla Firefox does feeds, too, but I don't know how to set it up off the top of my head. Any help? :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He called again to say he still wants to be friends. I'm not calling back.

I don't understand. Like he thinks you're clingy and is being proactive, or he's clingy and pretends everyone is like that?

He thinks I'm needy depite my saying and demonstrating otherwise. Or he wanted me to be needy to balance his clingy. Whatever.

I'm missing Steampunk Day at the Ren Faire. :(

Dire :(

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I know I'm not published, but I'm debating starting a blog/website to post free reads and etc. Maybe even post on the website I used to write on when I wrote just romance. This is my first time really writing Fantasy, and I kind of just want to get some feedback for my writing, if that makes sense. Does that seem like a good idea?

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know I'm not published, but I'm debating starting a blog/website to post free reads and etc. Maybe even post on the website I used to write on when I wrote just romance. This is my first time really writing Fantasy, and I kind of just want to get some feedback for my writing, if that makes sense. Does that seem like a good idea?

Hey, I'm not published either. Blogs are always a good idea.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I thought. Is Entangled the same way?

Have you been to their website and reviewed their submission guidelines? That's the best way to see firsthand what a publisher is interested in.

He thinks I'm needy depite my saying and demonstrating otherwise. Or he wanted me to be needy to balance his clingy. Whatever.

Dire :(

I find this person distasteful. Mondo dire.

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
Hey, I'm not published either. Blogs are always a good idea.

Thanks.

Have you been to their website and reviewed their submission guidelines? That's the best way to see firsthand what a publisher is interested in.

Well, I did look at their Sub Guidelines and it said that they wanted Romance stuff, but someone suggested them to me for Fantasy. That's why I asked. I was confused.

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
W00t! Very best of luck with that, 10s! :)

The user end is: you get the rss URL from the blog (usually something similar to www.thing.com/feed?rss - but not exactly that) and copy it. Then you go into your RSS reader (I use Mozilla Thunderbird, because I already have it as my email program) and us the subscribe function (in Thunderbird, you right-click on the Newsfeeds section) - there will be a place to put in a feed URL. Paste it in and click OK. Then, whenever you open your program, it automagically checks for new posts. You can then open/view the posts in your reader. I know Mozilla Firefox does feeds, too, but I don't know how to set it up off the top of my head. Any help? :)

Thanks, and thanks :D

Have I mentioned that my eyes glaze over with fear when I read "RSS"? :gone: But I think I got it figured out. The key was a browser based reader, so thank you!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, get off my lawn.

Ok, while I adore you, and Clint Eastwood, it's two vastly different forms of adoration.

And the two should never, ever, EVER come together like that.

Ever. Again.

Because now you're a cranky old man with a gun that I sometimes say mildly inappropriate things to.

:Wha:

10trackers

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Because now you're a cranky old man with a gun that I sometimes say mildly inappropriate things to.

:Wha:

:Wha: You sometimes say mildly inappropriate things to Clint Eastwood?

You, sir, are a braver man than I.

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, and thanks :D

Have I mentioned that my eyes glaze over with fear when I read "RSS"? :gone: But I think I got it figured out. The key was a browser based reader, so thank you!

Welcomes! Glad you've got the rss sorted out, anyway! It's handy for knowing when new stuff appears. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.