Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda R.

She who must be obeyed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twoamericansinchina.com
(I wasn't sure where to put this, so feel free to move it if there is a better place)

MOOCs (massive online open courses) are taking over internet-based learning. One of the newest MOOC platforms is offering a free course on the Future of Storytelling. Thousands of people are taking the course. It has already started, but there is still time to jump in and get great tips and feedback. Click here to enroll.

bexcreativedreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Thankyou so much Amanda, I look forward to taking the course! I'm the first to hear of this awesome educational site and following them to see what other courses they might have in the future. Are you planning to also take the course? If so, perhaps we could be student buddies. I look forward to giving you and Absolute Write members feedback with how I go. :)

bexcreativedreamer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Ben for the link to that site aswell. Haha, I'm fairly new to the whole linking into writing resources online. So, you guys have a been a massive help. I also really like the courses on the Open Yale website about poetry.

Hrmm I've started the Storytelling course that you posted Amanda...
the course has exercises to do with answering questions such as "How would you personally define storytelling, or story/telling respectively?" and I'm facing a lack of confidence to do them.. even though I know that it is important for my writing development to become involved with the set tasks. I'm finding the same set backs with covering articles around subjects that have been done time and again. I'm so concerned with being an individual and saying something nobody else has said in a clear and concise manner.. the thing is when I read the answers by the other students, I just feel even more discouraged and think well that's been done already and wow that's so good .. I can't do that.. or I'll just have the temptation to still bits and bobs of words of theirs that I like to write something that doesn't even have my voice... HAHA I need some tips/ wisdom...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.