Bloody Westminster (Investigations into murders in the 70s and 80s)

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Scotland Yard has opened the books on some old murders to try and solve them and investigating whether or not the murders are associated with sexual assault and child abuse at the hands of MPs and peers. A step beyond the pale of the Thorpe Affair (where Jeremy Thorpe apparently arranged for a hitman to kill his gay ex-lover as part of his re-election campaign), we enter the world of real murders and the sort.

These stories had been in the realm of the tabloids but it looks like it is now going under some serious scrutiny.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...eers-house-lords_n_6362270.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Right now three MPs and three peers are under scrutiny.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ugh. Given how much and how long they buried the Saville accusations, I wonder if there's a connection? :(

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Ugh. Given how much and how long they buried the Saville accusations, I wonder if there's a connection? :(

I wouldn't be surprised. Crikey.

The alleged paedophile ring is said to have been run by a "powerful elite" including MPs and ministers with an even larger number of people knew about it and could have stopped it but did nothing.

The whole thing sounds appalling.