Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Queen Shadowflame,

Thank you for your wonderful service to the Realm. You were marvelous. It was a pleasure to get to know you and have your presence on the throne.

From this moment forth, you shall have the title of princess. You have a suite of rooms in the castle and a budget to decorate them as you so choose. You also have a stipend to keep you in the manner to which you have become accustomed while on the throne. Of course, any gifts received while monarch are yours to keep.

The Royals hope you will continue to favor the halls of the castle with your presence. I personally hope you make this your home. The castle would not be the same without you here. Thank you for being the wonderful person you are.

Thank you very much. I shall stick around as much as my busy schedule permits.

In the mean time all hail Queen TJ!

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Ouch, Your Majesty. I hope you feel better today.
Good morning, royals.

l_zpsf47abbdb.jpg

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning royals.

My husband has painting fishing buoys planned for my day. Apparently neither aspiring writer or castle princess is enough to get me out of it. *sighs*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I admit I have not visited this area of the kingdom in quite some time. What does one do around here these days?
The queen does whatever the queen wishes to do. The Realm is in Your hands.
I spent yesterday afternoon getting a root canal, so that took most of my afternoon and evening.
Ouch.

I do hope your Majesty's pain is a memory soon forgotten.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Yay ice cream!

I actually had some for desert. Vanilla fudge brownie with a drizzle of hot dark fudge. Yum.

Today went fairly well. Work was easy, minus my half hour in the freezer. It's cold. Very cold. Then I went biking in order to take advantage of the nice weather.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

I haven't anything amusing at the moment, your Majesty. I will have to think on that.

It would help the rest of the Realm know you are Queen this week if you put your title either in your sig line or your avvie description, your Majesty.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Something possibly amusing involving camels, Your Majesty.

The U.S. cavalry once had a camel corps.

It was the brainchild of several men, originating with a trip across Death Valley with Kit Carson, but was successfully promoted by Jefferson Davis, who (not surprisingly) wanted a route for the transcontinental railroad across the south in the 1850s, when he was Secretary of War.

The camels were hardy in the desert and useful for desert exploration, but the handlers had trouble with them and the experiment was eventually abandoned as the camels made horses and mules spook.

However, feral camels were sighted for years in the Southwest, the last being seen near Douglas, Texas in 1941.

The Wikipedia article (for those interested) is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Camel_Corps .

Maybe I should do a feral camel ghost story. I've been wanting to do a ghost story, and this whole thing is just oddball enough to pique my interest. :)

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
ALL HAIL QUEEN TJWRITER! :)

I have not been around.... just reading ,royals, not much else. I have a pot of coffee today....

and I think I'm getting screwed over... my package that should be here today hasn't even shown up on the tracking site. I don't think it's going to get here today and that makes me sad. It's a bunch of fancy bookmarks.... I've bought a bunch of physical books -buy used when I can and from Book Outlet, so I need for reals bookmarks so I don't turn down pages....and of course, I have a bunch of library ebooks to read. oh well. I need to be prepared.

but! MY 3 X 5 CARDS ARE IN THAT PACKAGE TOO!! I need those.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
hmm. . . camel day and cat day on the same day

*pictures a cat riding a camel
*cat does not look pleased with the motion and digs claws into camel's back
*camel does not look pleased either

Sorry Your Majesty, other than the mental image (which is amusing to me but may not be to others) I have no humor to offer today.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
The story I'm currently reading had the dwarf character riding a camel. His reactions were amusing.

And good afternoon Royals! I carved one of my pumpkins today. I ran out of time and energy to do the others, but this one was the biggest and it looks pretty awesome.

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
Evening, royals. I'm not especially amusing as I spent most of the day trying to deal with my new laptop which was a pain in the *&#$
Tomorrow is another day!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Royals, please help.

Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

We Royalty have a long standing tradition of helping out in the Realm when needs present. There is a need now, and I am asking each of you to take a moment of your time to vote in the current poetry contest. You don't need to be a poet to vote. Nor indeed know anything about poetry, since the contest was one of reviewing poetry, not writing it. You will be judging reviews.

At the top of the Office Party and every other forum is a global announcement about the poetry contest made by poetinahat.

I have also made an announcement this morning in the Office Party thread stickied at the top of Office Party.

Or, feel free to go to the Poetry forum and find the stickied threads yourself. :D

The members who have entered the contest need your votes. The more votes, the better the contest. Imagine if you were a contestant. Wouldn't you want other members to support you? Please help out and support your fellow AWers by voting today.

The Realm is counting on you.

With warmest regards,
Duchess Ambrosia

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't get back yesterday, your Majesty. I hope these jokes will please you:

Q: What music do ghosts like?
A: Haunting melodies!

Q: How do you say goodbye to an evil vampire?
A: So long sucker!

Q: How does a girl vampire flirt?
A: She bats her eyes!

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Another Halloween joke, for the castle's amusement.

A photographer was determined to get a snapshot of a ghost. He went to castle after castle, and finally found one with a very friendly ghost who agreed to several poses.

The photographer rushed back to his studio and had to force himself to be methodical developing the film. These pictures were going to make him famous. He could hardly wait.

But alas, when he pulled the roll of film out of the developer, the pictures were terribly underexposed.

The spirit was willing, but the flash was weak. :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
:D

May everyone have a Happy Halloween!!!! I am taking vacation time this afternoon to go out with the kids and enjoy the festivities. I'll try to remember to come back and post pictures, but if I forget, somebody poke me.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Royals, Gentlemen and Ladies all.

Your Royal Highness, I'm so glad you're spending some vacation time with your kids. A fitting reward, as Halloween is such a fun time for them.

Here's a little something for the trick-or-treaters at the castle.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
afa115b6-86a3-4ced-b255-3d1f5033ffcc_zpsedef3057.jpg

It's raining, which really stinks for all the trick-or-treaters. I doubt we'll get many. Oh well, means more candy for me, and we got the full-size candy bars. :evil

Last edited: