Registered
Reaction score

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That was a scene from Bearside Story.

Oh, yeah. Since I couldn't hear the music, I didn't catch on it was the Princeton Montagrizzlies versus the Jersey Shore Cubulets. My bad, so bear with me.:D

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
And hooves.

I don't think they're quite ready to run the Indy 500 yet... :D

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm gonna be doing edit every day in November and December or fall down and die trying--known in the business as Ed-No-De-till-ya-drop to pay off Kay's Christmas presents.

Election news: No matter who wins the race for governor, Astorino gets to go home to this sweetie. Big winner in my book. :D

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3222006/posts?page=8

Last edited:

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I killed the thread.

Today's the last day to mail your ballot back in Oregon. Eligible voters are mailed ballots.

Even though it only enables addicted politicians, we voted 'cause buying a stamp helps USPS stay afloat. :)

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

No. Its November. Who has time? Raking leaves. Cleaning gutters. Prepping outside for winter. Cleaning the house for the coming guests. Planning, prepping, and cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Whoever invented NANIWRIMO must have been a single writer without any living relatives and no friends.

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I bagged a jake turkey today for Thanksgiving--by shopping the edge of a pumpkin patch, not the aisle of a supermarket.

I was raised on a farm in a family of hunters, so I know how fish, fowl, and other meats get into the freezer, but sure enough, a neighbor who buys a frozen bird at Fred Meyers was aghast at seeing the real feathers.

Do city folks really think meat appears by magic in the meat aisle? I thought of this prank on city folks in Brazil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1bG2EPGmI0

P.S. The piglet pass receiver is hot!

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I killed the thread.

Today's the last day to mail your ballot back in Oregon. Eligible voters are mailed ballots.

Even though it only enables addicted politicians, we voted 'cause buying a stamp helps USPS stay afloat. :)

Much appreciated! (I'm considering applying for hazard pay--finally had to stick a box of bandaids in the Jeep due to all the paper cuts I've received from those thin cardboard political flyers.)

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
No. Its November. Who has time? Raking leaves. Cleaning gutters. Prepping outside for winter. Cleaning the house for the coming guests. Planning, prepping, and cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Whoever invented NANIWRIMO must have been a single writer without any living relatives and no friends.

Agreed! Why didn't they pick March? Or September? Sheez...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I bagged a jake turkey today for Thanksgiving--by shopping the edge of a pumpkin patch, not the aisle of a supermarket.

I was raised on a farm in a family of hunters, so I know how fish, fowl, and other meats get into the freezer, but sure enough, a neighbor who buys a frozen bird at Fred Meyers was aghast at seeing the real feathers.

Do city folks really think meat appears by magic in the meat aisle? I thought of this prank on city folks in Brazil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1bG2EPGmI0

P.S. The piglet pass receiver is hot!
:ROFL:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Haven't seen Porter around these parts lately. You don't suppose he's gone and gotten himself into any trouble, do you?

Winnipeg-Jets-Mascot-Mick-E-Moose-Jail.jpg

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone doing NaNoWriMo?

Yup. First time.

Hmmm. . . raking leaves, yup; Cleaning gutters - no gutters, but does other yard work count?? Cleaning house - always - no one else around to do it; Plan/prep etc T-day dinner - easy when it's just me and Mom (bro's family has the big dinner with her side)

Lots to do, but I still decided to do NaNo anyway.

Hmmm. Haven't seen Porter around these parts lately. You don't suppose he's gone and gotten himself into any trouble, do you?

:Wha:

As if he isn't always gettig himself into trouble??

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Porter told me he was "close to Albany," which in moose miles could be anywhere in the Willamette Valley from Portland to Roseburg. I gave him Kay's cellular number, but so far no calls.

Probably afraid his bride will like me and throw rocks at Porter, but I sure hope they're okay.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sure hope everyone here is okay! :D

My computer has been in for repairs for a whole week. A WHOLE WEEK!!!!!!

And I finally get back here, worried that I'll have hours of backreading to do to catch up and... y'all still on the same page!!!

Sheesh!

:tongue

Chase

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sure hope everyone here is okay! :D

My computer has been in for repairs for a whole week. A WHOLE WEEK!!!!!!

And I finally get back here, worried that I'll have hours of backreading to do to catch up and... y'all still on the same page!!!

Y'all? Are you in South Africa? :D Yeah, with you and Porter MIA, there wasn't much going on here at the infirmary.

November and December just turned busy for me, as I accepted a novel to edit yesterday and am giving a free edit sample for a non-fiction book today. Not complaining. It's a blessing to be working.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Y'all? Are you in South Africa? :D Yeah, with you and Porter MIA, there wasn't much going on here at the infirmary.

November and December just turned busy for me, as I accepted a novel to edit yesterday and am giving a free edit sample for a non-fiction book today. Not complaining. It's a blessing to be working.

Yes. Y'all. (Wayyyy down south here.) :roll:

But work is good. Much worse to not have it than to have too much of it. Good for you!!

The publisher has now assigned <--- an editor to my ms, but I wish it could have been you. This guy kept getting the title wrong - he called it Bully Boy instead of Bully-proof, which set my teeth on edge. Last week he asked me write the copy for the back cover, which I did. Then he comes back to me and says he'll have to cut it in half... (which half, top or bottom?)... and tells me that you don't ever use bullet points on a back cover. I found 11 books in one of my bookcases, all of which have bullet points on the back cover. Soooo.... *sigh*

Today I received a copy of the cover. Meh. Not inspiring. :Shrug:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
No offense, Chase, but every time I see your avatar it reminds me of my Doc after he's slipped on a pair of latex gloves, just prior to my prostate exam.

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No offense, Chase, but every time I see your avatar it reminds me of my Doc after he's slipped on a pair of latex gloves, just prior to my prostate exam.
...or just after, indicating the size of your prostate?