Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
*checks*

*decides Mclesh is not worth visiting for trick or treat*

:tongue

No rolled pennies or circus peanuts at my house. Just the good stuff. Except my husband has been known to hand out condiment packets to those not wearing costumes. Hot sauce packets seem to be the favored condiment. :D

chompers

Registered
Reaction score

No rolled pennies or circus peanuts at my house. Just the good stuff. Except my husband has been known to hand out condiment packets to those not wearing costumes. Hot sauce packets seem to be the favored condiment. :D
hahaha great idea. will need to borrow this idea...if we would only get some trick or treaters here

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
hahaha great idea. will need to borrow this idea...if we would only get some trick or treaters here

We get tons here.

The other day we were talking about terrible Halloween treats. My son's contribution to the discussion: water conservation coloring books, and religious tracts.

I used to despise getting pennies. Ugh.

*sorry for the derail, mccardey*

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score

I'm too stingy to give candy OR condiment packets. Arby's Sauce, Horsey Sauce, Ketchup or Hot Sauce packets come in handy for work lunches.

So does Absolute Write do like Trick-Or-Reps?

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
HEY! There are cats in my signature and you never gave me a rep! Is there some prejudice here that it can only be in avatars?

I'm supposed to look at sig lines? Nobody told me that!

(kitties repped)

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh good lord! I think there were over a baziilion reps for Charlie. One of my faves was
I'm trying to write a rep about cute, dead dogs, but it never comes out sounding very good.

Give me a moment to send you all thank-you reps. And actually - thank you. Really. I mean it.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*sorry for the derail, mccardey*

Thank you for the derail!! And on the topic of Hallowe'en - we've started having it here in Australia, as well.

It's a lot of fun!

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

The Colonial Bread man lived in my neighborhood. One year he gave out tiny loaves of bread. He was all kinds of awesome.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Don't mention trick-or-treaters to me. All they'll get at my house is an unanswered doorbell and a notice in the window saying "This is England, not America".

*smashes culturally imperialistic pumpkin*

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
This town has a sign up list for trick or treat-friendly houses. But better than that, because it's an alien concept and the kids don't know any better, some sensible person has persuaded the little 'uns that they have to perform a trick -- singing, dancing, a little bit of conjuring, that sort of thing -- in order to get a treat.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Don't mention trick-or-treaters to me. All they'll get at my house is an unanswered doorbell and a notice in the window saying "This is England, not America".

*smashes culturally imperialistic pumpkin*

Oh we got that a lot when I had a trick or treat Halloween birthday party here in New Zealand when I was 10. :cry:

That was back in the 80s, we're pretty much fully Americanized now.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
This town has a sign up list for trick or treat-friendly houses. But better than that, because it's an alien concept and the kids don't know any better, some sensible person has persuaded the little 'uns that they have to perform a trick -- singing, dancing, a little bit of conjuring, that sort of thing -- in order to get a treat.
Oh, that's MUCH better than just saying "trick or treat!" It's especially good if they can do it while seeing you pick your teeth.