Introduction

cylemmulo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I'm Kyle, i'm 26, married, and work as active duty air force.

I have zero background in writing, and actually never enjoyed grammar and English classes back in school. Though I always have liked reading, even though I was terribly slow at it.

Recently, for almost no reason at all though, I had a thought in my mind of writing a short story, or novella. I thought over it a few days, and started jotting down notes, honestly thinking that the urge would pass. However about 2 months, and around 100 pages later I'm finishing my first draft of it, and i couldn't be happier.

I have a lot to work on with my book, and improving my overall grammar, but I've learned so much along the way already. I figured I would join a community to help me learn further, share ideas, and maybe help someone else. I hope this wasn't too long, and hope to meet some nice people here. If there's anything you would like to know, please ask. Thanks and have a nice day!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: - Kyle - My hubby was Air Force (probably before you were born) :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kyle! :welcome: You will find lots of help and encouragement here.

T Robinson

Born long ago, in a different era
Registered
Reaction score
Kyle.......Nice people? Now where did we put those? I am sure they are here somewhere, but unfortunately all we have are humans with a couple of other species. (See Project Blue Book).

Seriously, that was not long. There are people who write much more than 10 lines, much more. Enjoy your time, we have lots of fun and learn something every once in a while.

However, the first question is: What is the general subject of you work in progress (WIP)? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Hi Kyle, good for you. Thanks for your service. I'm retired Army, but you AF men and women are okay too (g). Hey, visit my Blog sometimes, and if I can help let me know.

cylemmulo

Registered
Reaction score
Kyle.......Nice people? Now where did we put those? I am sure they are here somewhere, but unfortunately all we have are humans with a couple of other species. (See Project Blue Book).

Seriously, that was not long. There are people who write much more than 10 lines, much more. Enjoy your time, we have lots of fun and learn something every once in a while.

However, the first question is: What is the general subject of you work in progress (WIP)? Inquiring minds want to know.

When I wrote the intro out it looked so much longer haha. My book I guess I would sort of say supernatural/coming of age (it sounds kind of odd now that I think of it). I started it by wondering how me and friends might have reacted to certain crazy events when we were in middle school. Though it's not based on my childhood or any real places.

Tom Johnson, and Lavern09 Thank you for you, and your loved ones service. The past service men and women I'm sure have had to deal with things that I couldn't imagine today, I have the upmost respect for them.

Everyone else thank you!