I HATE MY NEIGHBORS

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Neighbor called my aunt last night to "discuss" what happened. The "discussion" consisted of the neighbor yelling at my aunt and denying everything she had originally said to her. Needless to say, my aunt unloaded on her, then hung up.

Good on your aunt!

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Is the neighbor a long-time resident of the street? Often people like that have some kind of sense of entitlement when it comes to newcomers - if they were behaving as though the property next door was an annex to theirs all along, then they'd probably see no problem in continuing that behavior. I had a similar problem - it's all worked itself out but my next door neighbors thought they could come onto my property any time they wanted - and bring strangers (strangers to me, that is) here to boot. It took a lot of attitude on my part to make them see that if I'm supposed to understand their (sometimes intrusive) lifestyle then they should at least make an attempt to understand mine.

Anyway, glad your aunt found her voice. And kudos for standing up for what you believed.

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed. Give your aunt a hug and hold your ground. It has to be a tense situation, I'm sure, but handling it is better than letting it go on as is. Tell your aunt that she's getting support from hundreds of your imaginary 'puter friends. :D

backslashbaby

~~~~*~~~~
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for your aunt!!! Yelling at her? OMG. Who the hell does she think she is? I can't stand people like that.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Nothing from the neighbor today.

HistorySleuth

Researching History's Mysteries
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gahwny.org
Find a bullet, preferably from an AK-47. If the neighbors get leathery with you, toss the bullet to them and say, "Mess with my property again and the next one will be coming a hell of a lot faster."

This one is an absolute MUST to remember. And I have bullets too--several--of different sizes and varieties, and the stuff that goes with them, but this...... this line is is more effective then a gun itself. Bravo!