Hello, Everyone

Rixatrix

Level 99 Reader, Level 1 Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. I just joined today. :tongue I've been looking for a place to learn more about the writing process, develop, and make some friends (both to work with and not). I recalled Absolute Write being mentioned on the NaNoWriMo forums (I participated last November).

I have loved fantasy stories from an early age, and after going to law school and business school, I suppose I hit a sort of "quarter life crisis" and fell hard and deep back into what I used to love. :) My husband recommended NaNoWriMo to me, and since doing that, I have been reading anything I can get my hands on and living and breathing all things writing.

Nice to meet you! I hope to get to know you and read your stuff! :D

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
:welcome: Rixatrix!

This is a great place to learn, learn, learn, and engage in some silliness if you want.

I've been here 2 years now and I've gotten a lot out of the cooler.

Check out the myriad threads and forums. Read the 'stickies' when a forum has them, take risks, apologize when you inevitably step on toes.

Come visit Cray/Jed's Super Dooper Bailey's and Cadbury Cream Eggs thread sometime.

:banana:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Rixatrix

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, Nekko and regdog! :)

Ride the Pen

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the quarter life crises... it's awful, you usually buy really slick and quick bikes you can't even afford! :)

Kameea

I have a dream to become a Gaijin.
Registered
Reaction score
I also write fantasy!
It's so nice to see other people here with the same "inclination".
Welcome!

Michelle D.

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. I just joined today. :tongue I've been looking for a place to learn more about the writing process, develop, and make some friends (both to work with and not). I recalled Absolute Write being mentioned on the NaNoWriMo forums (I participated last November).

I have loved fantasy stories from an early age, and after going to law school and business school, I suppose I hit a sort of "quarter life crisis" and fell hard and deep back into what I used to love. :) My husband recommended NaNoWriMo to me, and since doing that, I have been reading anything I can get my hands on and living and breathing all things writing.

Nice to meet you! I hope to get to know you and read your stuff! :D

omg hello rixa! quarter life crisis. i totally went through the same thing!

hugz!

Rixatrix

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, all!

I've always wondered, when people say they 'write fantasy' does that mean they fantasise that they are writing?

*Duck blows*

Haha, nice. :) In my case, I fantasize about naps and cleaning my house while hastily typing in front of a glowing computer screen. :p My manuscript is a bulky 160k, and it needs a butcher to trim it down... Of course, instead of honing my butchery, I've been reading like I've just discovered books! (And it's fantastic! ) We all need a break sometimes, right? ...If only to stave off carpal tunnel...

Ride the Pen and Michelle D: So, the Quarter Life Crisis Club, eh? :) I'll bring the snacks, as long as I don't have to type the meeting minutes. ;D

Kameea: I'm glad to meet another fantasy addict, ahem, enthusiast. :p I hope to see some of your work. :)