• Basic Writing questions is not a crit forum. All crits belong in Share Your Work

What's On Your Mind About Your Writing?

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just happy Gallery is finally into revisions and on track. Got a shiny new revised chapter one, just printed out today.

MsPuck

...But you can call me Kristen.
Registered
Reaction score
A supernatural thriller about a switchboard operator in the 1950's.

The three other short stories I've got on the back-burner.

Getting my post count up so I can take advantage of SYW... and whether I'll be able to buy a modest desk with my writer-earnings by Christmas 2013.

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
I should be getting up early for morning meditation and writing... and now I'm feeling the temptation to get a writer's desk. (Curse you Ms. Puck lol)

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Finished rewriting/editing the monster that was chapter three, now split into chapters 2, 3, and 4. Most of it had to be completely rewritten, though the beginning and the end were mostly a copy and paste job and only needed tightening up. Read through old chapter 4 last night. Sigh. It's worse than I remembered it. It'll need to be mostly rewritten too, which doesn't surprise me any. I knew the earlier chapters would need a lot of work.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Ack! That would FREAK. ME. OUT.

So, Satsya, I have to say that now, thinking about what's on in YOUR mind about YOUR writing has replaced me thinking about what's on MY mind about MY writing.

Whew! 'Cause things were getting dark and gloomy in there...

Thank you for the diversion and good luck with the rewrite!

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
The fact that I really should start and finish an article in a single day notepad of spreading it out. It's not regimented anymore, it's lazy.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Book 1 wants some reworking. Unfortunately, some of the needed changes are going to be painful to make, and the later books will be affected. I've been wasting time researching for a legitimate excuse to leave it like it is. :(

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
What's on my mind is that I wish Real Life had a "Deal With This Later" option. But it doesn't. So, my so-close-to-finished-I-can-taste-it first-draft is once again on the back burner. Sigh. :(

WriterDude

Writer?
Registered
Reaction score
A lot going on at the moment putting the brakes on flat out writing sessions but printed my WIP today to do some conciliatory editing and begin some infilling, Instead of being mortified by the dire standard of my work and binning it with shame, I'm in fact excited about what I've written and where its going.

Happy times :)

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
Second-guessing if my plot is strong enough. It's a romance, so the relationship takes center stage, but I worry about the external plot a lot.

Achilles

Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if my time line matches up. It's a mystery and it matters.

Shenanigans!

Registered
Reaction score
Quite happy with my writing at the moment. I've had a character that I've been trying for a long time to have some good characterisation moments, one I feel never gets as much time as she should, and through editing and some on the spot thinking I've given her a characterisation scene I'm quite proud of.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I've not done any editing or writing in the last few days, can't get my mind away from my move this weekend. Mostly packed, but moving day looms over my mind. I don't want to move, but I suppose it's for the best. Maybe I'll open a file and do something. Stupid real life, just when I'm on a roll it happens and puts a halt to everything. There's always something.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a cover, and getting the cover has reenergized me. I'm working on a new story and looking forward to my book launch!

MsPuck

...But you can call me Kristen.
Registered
Reaction score
... and now I'm feeling the temptation to get a writer's desk. (Curse you Ms. Puck lol)

Herherher :D

When people ask us what we do for a living, we can send them pictures of our desks. Writing desk = writing job=people will leave us alone and we can get some actual writing done.

SelmaW

Follow your heart; take your brain
Registered
Reaction score
What are you writing? I mean if you don't mind me asking and all. :D

Of course not! It's a romantic suspense novel where the criminal my characters are chasing is the hero's ex-girlfriend (bad breakups happen to detectives too). And he has neglected to tell the heroine this.

Last edited:

Writelock

Tribal Wanderer
Registered
Reaction score
Herherher :D

When people ask us what we do for a living, we can send them pictures of our desks. Writing desk = writing job=people will leave us alone and we can get some actual writing done.

Now I'm thinking of getting business cards with a picture of a writer's desk. Oh, and that two articles need to be finished this weekend.

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Wondering if using my 17 and 20 year old sons to bounce ideas off of for my paranormal romance is really a good idea. The problem seems to be that their ideas are good. And I'm wondering where they got them. :-/