Have You Updated Your Blog Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
New blog post up. Link in sig. Today I talk about online fiction, and opine briefly on the pros and cons of independent versus traditional writers/artists.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New blog post up in my sig. The heartache of memory loss

Finchlark

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.finchlark.webs.com
Very new to blogging, and decided to start following the hunt for a house in the wilds of Virginia that inspired by latest book, Curse of the Dogwood. I originally found the house 24 years ago but only wrote the story this year. It's been an incredible journey and I've met some amazing people from good ole Virginie. Also power to the internet!
http://http://finchlark.webs.com/apps/blog/

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
I got to know bestselling mystery writer J.A. Jance when she kindly wrote a blurb for my most recent book. I wrote to thank her, and we've kept in touch ever since. My current blog post is a talk with Judith, in which she details her own contribution to marketing her books. It's all about getting off one's butt to make personal contacts and turn readers into devoted supporters. She was first published by a NY publisher, but as a paperback original, which means little attention or promotion. She parlayed that opening into a terrific career. "Don’t let the turkeys get you down," she writes. "Don’t just grumble. Do something. Do events. Get people in your corner. I still encounter people who say, 'I met you the first time selling books on a card table outside a Waldenbooks in wherever.' Fifty plus books later, those people are still reading my books."

Have a read. You might learn something; I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.