Registered
Reaction score
New Samhain bookcover

smallbookcoverWickedSafari.jpg

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I just got the acceptance letter for the third novella in my Opposites series with Siren Publishing. It will be out in January 2015.

I absolutely love working with this publisher :)

MsLaylaCakes

Playing the waiting game
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.taraquan.com
I have an irrational fear of jinxing my releases, but I'm overcoming it to do a mini-crow. I sold a series of 3 paranormal 1-Night Stands to Decadent Publishing a while back. Book 1 came out this Halloween, I have galleys back for book 2, and I started CEs for book 3 a few days ago.

Oh and I have the covers for all 3, but I ... well... don't want to jinx it. Flirting with Fire's cover is my new avatar :)

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
I'm starting a new pseudonym, and recently signed a 3-book deal with Entangled and a 2-book deal with Berkley (Penguin!).

My first big-five deal, and I'm excited to see how things go! (When my agent was giving me the updates on what was happening with the Penguin submission, I kept imagining actual penguins waddling around a big NY office, passing my MS from one to the other with their flipper-wings, hopping up on chairs at a boardroom table like they jump up on the edges of an ice flow, etc. And then when I got the deal, all the penguins in my head started giving each other high-fives with their flippers! ...so, already, that's something different for a big 5 publisher... the hallucinations are more surreal).

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I'm starting a new pseudonym, and recently signed a 3-book deal with Entangled and a 2-book deal with Berkley (Penguin!).

My first big-five deal, and I'm excited to see how things go! (When my agent was giving me the updates on what was happening with the Penguin submission, I kept imagining actual penguins waddling around a big NY office, passing my MS from one to the other with their flipper-wings, hopping up on chairs at a boardroom table like they jump up on the edges of an ice flow, etc. And then when I got the deal, all the penguins in my head started giving each other high-fives with their flippers! ...so, already, that's something different for a big 5 publisher... the hallucinations are more surreal).

:hooray:

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
That's so cool, Captcha!

I've just had another novel accepted by Loose Id. My 10th with them. I do like round numbers...

TessB

The Boxing Baroness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tessbowery.com
[waves] hi! I didn't have the guts to sign up on AW before I got the credentials (I know, I know), but I sold a book to Samhain this summer, and I'm working on the second in the series. I've seen a draft of the cover, but not the final approved version yet. Eee!

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Captcha!

Congrats, Becky!

Congrats, Tess! And welcome to AW!

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I love when this thread pops up. Congrats everyone.

Your 10th novel, Becky? That is awesome!

Captcha, WOW! just WOW.

Tess, that is so SO cool. Good of you to join too!!!

Captcha

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if it counts but I resold a couple out of print titles. I'll have releases Nov, Dec and Jan.

If only I could get some love for my beloved New Adult project.

It all counts!

And I know what you mean about NA - I've got one being shopped around right now, and it could be a stand alone but I'd LOVE it to be the first in a series, because it's so much fun to write those characters... but it needs a home, first!

Good luck with yours.

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
It all counts!

And I know what you mean about NA I've got one being shopped around right now, and it could be a stand alone but I'd LOVE it to be the first in a series, because it's so much fun to write those characters... but it needs a home, first!

Good luck with yours.

Good luck wishes for your subs, too. :)

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
Huge Congrats Becky and Tess Brainstorm and Layla! Those are all good publishers, from what I've heard.

Welcome to Samhain, Tess. :) Samhain Marketing was very careful with my cover, and asked for changes, even after I'd approved the original. They were absolutely right, I love their final choice even more. (See avatar.)

Wow Captcha! Berkley seems like the best romance imprint out there in terms of brick and mortar bookstore placement. At least from what I get to see, way out here, in New Zealand.

Congrats, Barbara. It's so great the way authors can get out of print titles back out again these days.
Hope I didn't miss anybody.

Last edited:

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
I recently sold a novelette to Liquid Silver!

Status
Not open for further replies.