Who's sold?! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

*RomanceWriter*

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Just got word BookStrand wants to publish my shapeshifter romantic comedy next year. This is my first novel sale ever and I'm still kind of in shock. What a terrific early Christmas present!

Congrats!

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
So happy for you!!! Merry Christmas :hooray:

shameless

Superlative Type A
Registered
Reaction score
West of somewhere and a click south of nowhere
Website
www.sandy-james.com
Just got word BookStrand wants to publish my shapeshifter romantic comedy next year. This is my first novel sale ever and I'm still kind of in shock. What a terrific early Christmas present!

Congratulations! I'm a BookStrand author, so feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions. :Hug2:

aliajohnson

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alissa-johnson.com

First sale! Woot!! Congratulations, Pterofan! I hope the shock wears off quickly so you can move on to this-- :e2cloud9:

I'm almost embarrassed to mention that I sold another one! I have two novels and a non-fiction book coming out in January and just sold a novella to Cobblestone Press. Talk about feast for famine.
http://www.

Wow. Three releases in January, and a new sale. That's an incredible accomplishment. Congrats, Carlene! You should be proud! :hooray:

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score

Congrats! A great way to start a new year!

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com

You had me at shapeshifter. :D

I want to know when this is coming out. Sounds awesome!

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Thank you, everybody! I've sold stories and novellas before, including two novellas to BookStrand, but this is my first book-length sale.

The email mentioned an e-pub date of May 2010.

And Carlene, you're making the rest of us look bad. Back to the keyboards, all of us!

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
I'm not trying to make anyone look bad - I'm trying to encourage you all! I wrote a lot a books before I published one. I kept writing, perfecting and going on to the next one while submitting to everyone. I finally hit - all at once. All I'm saying is if I can do it -anyone can! Just never, never give up.

Carlene

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Absolutely, Carlene! Every sale is encouragement to others.

And for all of you recent sales: Remember to post up the synopsis that sold the book in our Synopsis thread (once the book is out and you're allowed to, of course). Every success is a way to let others learn what sells to specific publishers! :D

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Cathy, selling on SYNOPSIS? Cannot post because I don't remember ever selling this way <snicker>. I don't write snops until my agent jumps up & down on me in her combat boots and insists.

I'm snop-challenged, anyone who knows me writing-wise will affirm this.

Now if you want the one-liner I sometimes pitch on, that's another story.

:Sun:

LMullican

Registered
Reaction score
I hope I can say the same soon. I just had a publishing company request a revision to the chapter I submitted and then requested a revision to newly requested chapters. I just submitted that today, so hopefully I'll hear back soon. I was surprised to hear back as quick as I did when they sent my query on to the Submission Editor, which only took 2days. Then the Submission Editor got back with me in 3 days, she said she wanted to look at the revised chapters before she made a decision. I'm hoping and praying! I'll find out from here on out! In the meantime, I'm working on my sequel. Congrats to you all!

JackieA

Registered
Reaction score
I signed a contract with The Wild Rose Press just before Christmas for my contemporary romance The Brat and received the cover art for it this morning. I've sold four short stories this year, but this is my first novel sale, and I'm over the moon! I'm struggling to get my feet back on the ground :) This is the best end of year celebration ever!

Shamrockgreen

A day on the skeet range helps the frustration
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't sell but I did get a guest column spot on our local newspaper which was very exciting.

Shamrockgreen

A day on the skeet range helps the frustration
Registered
Reaction score
Well done Ladies! I'm next I swear! After I find these two buyers homes and sell two more...really!

Status
Not open for further replies.