XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if you want to get into the craft of it, I suspect that the easiest explanation for why you'd need to revisit the well and tell an origin story again is... It's just easier to tell that story.

So, in other words...

They're LAZY.

I got it now.

:D

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
So, in other words...

They're LAZY.

I got it now.

This should have been apparent around the time they started re-making 80s TV shows for theaters. Did we really need a Dukes of Hazzard movie?

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why are rain barrels so expensive???

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gordonrhorne.wordpress.com
From what I understand, yours truly will have an office to herself - sort of. They are going to park the fax machine and printers in there with me. I was the only one not brought to go see the place. Which was bullshit, but you know. Whatever.
Um…that's bad. Any copier or printer which uses toner and heat produces volatiles. Very bad in an enclosed space unless the ventilation is excellent. No one is supposed to be permanently stationed in an enclosed space with one of those things, let along several. It's a health hazard.

gotchan

Registered
Reaction score
Website
gordonrhorne.wordpress.com
Scars:
Inside of left ankle from a javelin in junior high that went between the bone and the achilles tendon.
Inside of right ankle from when I ran over myself with my bike.
Inside of left wrist from a deep fryer.
Left elbow and left shoulder from surgery (2 plates and 18 pins).
Four small scars on my head from different head injuries.
And I'm told I have a scar on my back. I have no idea where that one came from.

All that and I haven't gotten a cheek scar. Chicks dig cheek scars.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Holy bantha cow.

Yesterday. I bring my neighbor a dozen banty eggs because he plans to help me remove a fallen tree (works for him, his buddy wants the firewood) and he says he can get some folks together to move the chicken coop cheap. He brought up both projects last night, and said he was thinking about how best to brace the coop. He does a quick sketch. He asks if i have a 10' board for the long part. I do. I ask if he happens to have scrap bits for the corners. He says he does and he'll leave them by the shed in the morning.

On my way home from shadowing the vet, I stop at lowes and get 2x6s for a raised bed and figure I can use them for the corners if the guys wood looks too nice.

I get home. I look around the coop. No wood. I shrug, figuring he got busy. I start to get my wood and realize he might have put his scraps in the coop since it was raining earlier.

I open the door. My jaw drops. He put them in all right. That floor is braced and braced some more.

So do I buy this guy wine or slaughter him an easter lamb?!? No, seriously- how do I tell him thank you???

I have wondered this, myself.

And don't forget the potential permit costs. You can't just put one in. Least not around here.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
On my way home from shadowing the vet, I stop at lowes and get 2x6s for a raised bed and figure I can use them for the corners if the guys wood looks too nice.

Sorry, I can't focus on anything but that line. Not just nice, but too nice. :ROFL:

Actually, I think it's super sweet that you'd slaughter an animal infant for him. I'd probably go with some nice alcohol, but that's only because I'm a shitty slaughterer.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot Bos's quote. Wtf do I need a permit to collect roof runoff for? What's wrong with your city? Or our state...

Hillz, nice wood should never be nailed. No, wait, that cant be right.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot Bos's quote. Wtf do I need a permit to collect roof runoff for? What's wrong with your city? Or our state...

State, I believe, so check on that.

And, while yes, valid arguments all, it has to do with watershed rights, because you don't own the water that comes off your roof if it then runs into fields or farms or rivers etc. The State owns it.

Plus municipal water issues about bypassing local authority if you use rainwater instead of the water they make you pay way too @#$% much for to do things like water your garden.

I am not making this up, though I wish I was.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
So you've been grading papers all day then, too?

Because that's what my head feels like right now.

Not quite.

Hillz, nice wood should never be nailed. No, wait, that cant be right.

No. No it can't.

Anyone want to come up here and guard the door slash keep me off the internet for the next few days? Anyone? It's nice. It's like 40 degrees out, and the 60 lb chunks of ice have all fallen harmlessly off the roof, so the odds of getting brained are low.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
PA's Department of Conservation and Natural Resources holds and funds rain barrel and rain garden workshops. There's been a drive toward reducing runoff here in PA, as it's a big problem.

Fen should be okay. :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PA's Department of Conservation and Natural Resources holds and funds rain barrel and rain garden workshops. There's been a drive toward reducing runoff here in PA, as it's a big problem.

Yeah, you'd think that, but I remember the last time one of those was held here it came accompanied by the spiel of making sure you had permission to put one up.

Just because one part of the state gov says one thing, doesn't mean another part won't say something different.

She may well be fine, I'm just saying if it was me, I'd check, first. Just in case.

We are a somewhat backwards state in a lot of respects, frankly.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Holy bantha cow.

Yesterday. I bring my neighbor a dozen banty eggs because he plans to help me remove a fallen tree (works for him, his buddy wants the firewood) and he says he can get some folks together to move the chicken coop cheap. He brought up both projects last night, and said he was thinking about how best to brace the coop. He does a quick sketch. He asks if i have a 10' board for the long part. I do. I ask if he happens to have scrap bits for the corners. He says he does and he'll leave them by the shed in the morning.

I get home. I look around the coop. No wood. I shrug, figuring he got busy. I start to get my wood and realize he might have put his scraps in the coop since it was raining earlier.

I open the door. My jaw drops. He put them in all right. That floor is braced and braced some more.

So do I buy this guy wine or slaughter him an easter lamb?!? No, seriously- how do I tell him thank you???

don't buy him a free credit report

it will end up costing him $30

I am so fucking mad. Scamming bastards. During my angry call to "credit report.com" the girl assured me they would send me an email telling me my not so free trial and membership were over. I said are you sure, because you didn't send me an email telling me you were charging me $31. Sneaky. Sneaky. Sneaky.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And because the convo got me curious, I found this article on the rainwater barrel. Which includes how to make one.

I cannot find anything about the regulations, though, so either I am misremembering, or it may be a local thing here.

Because my municipal water folks are like that.

Or it may simply have changed in the meantime.

ETA: It appears that at least as recently as 2008, I was not the only one under the impression PA had laws in place about this.

:Shrug:

I still say it can't hurt to be sure, though.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, while the logic is clear, I'll rant anyways. If it hits my man made structure, its not fking ground water. After I temporarily divert it to a barrel, using my gutters, where the fk do these idiots think it will go? The ground.

Also, I'm on a well. I still want to collect the water that hits my roof. Geeze.

Lamb.

That's above and beyond a bottle of good alcohol territory, even for country neighbors.

:)

Hmmm. As I didn't get any lamb when at the grocer today, would you mind coming over? I have curry. For you. Yep.

Yeah, you'd think that, but I remember the last time one of those was held here it came accompanied by the spiel of making sure you had permission to put one up.

Just because one part of the state gov says one thing, doesn't mean another part won't say something different.

She may well be fine, I'm just saying if it was me, I'd check, first. Just in case.

We are a somewhat backwards state in a lot of respects, frankly.

I'm moving to Delaware.

don't buy him a free credit report

it will end up costing him $30

I am so fucking mad. Scamming bastards. During my angry call to "credit report.com" the girl assured me they would send me an email telling me my not so free trial and membership were over. I said are you sure, because you didn't send me an email telling me you were charging me $31. Sneaky. Sneaky. Sneaky.

Asshats.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So the guy's wood was nice, Fen?

Yeah. That's all I have. Shameful.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't focus on anything but that line. Not just nice, but too nice. :ROFL:

Actually, I think it's super sweet that you'd slaughter an animal infant for him. I'd probably go with some nice alcohol, but that's only because I'm a shitty slaughterer.

I'm SO GLAD I'm not the only one who focused on that.

How many things do you have to kill before you decide you're shitty at it? ...Never mind, I probably don't want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.