JanNoWriMo 2013

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Happy 2013 everyone! :) I'm tired... And so far I have no plans for the month! So, my first goal of January:

*COME UP WITH GOALS FOR JANUARY*

Hopefully I can manage that sometime by the end of the day. :tongue For now, I've got nothing. :e2shrug:

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Just read chapter 4 of WIP#2. It's a longish chapter, but hopefully I can get it edited before we go out.

So yeah, we were supposed to see the grandparents on Sunday, but we put it off till Monday. Then we didn't do so on Monday either. Tuesday came and went, and we were supposed to have a BBQ today (Wednesday) with them and sis and her boyfriend and his mum. But sis's boyfriend is sick, so we cancelled the BBQ.

So now it seems we're taking the grandparents shopping today instead. In any event, it means I need to be productive this morning, because later I won't be getting much done.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Giving myself until the end of tomorrow to come up with goals because I have a date tonight. :) Yay!

~Amber~

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Awesome. :)

Well, I edited chapter 4. Still need to give it a final read-through, but I think it's looking pretty good. I've been adding depth to my MC and taking out some lines that were just kind of, "Who cares?"

I may yet turn this WIP into something worth reading. :)

ETA: Did the read-through, and added a couple of things. It's looking a lot better now, and I added about 200 words to this chapter in edits. With WIP#1 I kept losing words, but with WIP#2 I seem to be gaining words.

Last edited:

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Hello everyone :)

I need to come up with some goals for January, other than continuing to slowly cut my way through my NaNo draft :tongue At least that'll keep me busy while I think of other things, though!

Sunwords

Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday the only thing I managed was a new entry on my blog. But at least writing.
Today started nice with sixhundredsomething words for my NaNo2012 - easier to do than the rewriting on WIP1. Later, I hope - depending on what else is cooking here today.
Love the peace of being all alone with just the cats for the day.

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I'm at 4k in my January WIP. Since I was out all day yesterday and only got back in the evening, I'm happy with the progress.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Wound up spending about 7 hours with the grandparents, so I haven't got anything else done yet today. Although I did help grandad fix his computer a little... Just small, time-consuming stuff, that he didn't know how to do.

Oh, and if you recall that 20k I typed up for his life story and gave to him on Christmas? Well, that was because he had typed it, printed it, then deleted it. So anyway, I retyped it for him (and have kept a copy). I merged that file with what he's typed in the year or so since deleting the first part, and he then showed me all that he had printed out too.

Problem is, they don't match up. So either he's typed, printed, deleted some more stuff AGAIN, or hopefully he's typed more than he's printed. I couldn't be stuffed figuring out which. (Well, I did scroll through the last few pages of his file, and looked at the last few pages of what he's printed, and know they didn't match up anywhere...)

But I don't have time to retype things for him again.

Moralis

Registered
Reaction score
I still need to finish my nano novel. Let start with that, shall we :p
I'm finding it really difficult though without the nano community pulling me along. Another reason why I signed up here. :)

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
Here's hoping it was the second option, Cliff. :tongue

Watched The Hobbit last night. GREAT movie, but the 3D hurt my eyes (my boyfriend and I wanted to watch it in 2D, but it was a double date and our friend's blind date wanted to watch the 3D one, so we went to that (friend was the one driving and we love him, and he was incredibly fucking nervous because it was a blind date for him, so we let him decide). The 3D was good for the movie, but the glasses kept falling off my face and the effects were distracting and I think I would have enjoyed the 2D version more).

I've come up with some goals! Somehow! So, this month I want to:

*Put schoolwork first (since I go back on Monday)
*Read at least 5 non-textbook books (give or take, depending on the length of the book)
*Write SOMETHING not school-related (setting a flexible goal of 10-15k for the month)
*Spend more time playing video games on the weekends and less time doing schoolwork. :tongue

These may change later, but at least I have something to work with now.

~Amber~

Sonneillon

Autophobic Misanthrope
Registered
Reaction score
I've sent my completed NaNoWriMo book to my editing team (a.k.a. relatives and friends with various english degrees and two current professional editors) so that one's out of my hands! I'm giving myself three months (from now until March 30th) to finish Wind & Flame with a work-day daily writing goal of 1,500 words. It's been something like four years so I think it's about time to finish up! Then I have two other projects on the back burner, but I'm not touching them until Wind & Flame is done.

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't done anything on the writing front yet:tongue Been trying to sort my other things out first. However, hoping to work on WIP after this weekend, when things have calmed down a bit:) Oh and Vamp, I so want to see that film! My sister went but I was Ill, I think she went before Christmas?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it took about 2.5 hours, but I edited chapter 5 of WIP#2. LONG chapter!

I wound up deleting a big chunk of conversation, because it essentially opened up a loose end for the plot that I don't know how to solve, unless it's in a sequel, which I'm not sure this book will have. It didn't add anything but a loose end, so yeah, GONE.

Going to give it another read-through. 5 chapters down, 24 to go...

ETA: Read it again. I've lost about 200 words from this chapter. Going to do something else now.

Last edited:

heatherleacubs

Registered
Reaction score
Website
depressiontellsme.blogspot.com
1900 words the past 2 days on my WIP. Not ideal, but at least it's something.

I'm actually trying to go by scenes instead of word count (I'm an outliner), so 2 scenes. I have about 30 left. If I do at least one a day, I'll be finished with the first draft by the end of the month. So that's my goal.

Happy writing. :)

eternalised

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
majankaverstraete.com
I reached 10k on my WIP for January. Yay! =)

On the other hand, I need to get back to editing one of my previous manuscripts.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Making some slow but steady progress with my second revision pass. This pace isn't good enough, so I'm going to need to knuckle down and maybe start working on everything earlier in the evening.

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
:)

Went back to high school this morning. >.> It was Alumni Day, where six of us sit in the front of the room awkwardly while answering questions about college. But we got free donuts, so I'm good. :tongue

Also got to borrow another book from my history teacher. :tongue Yay, more reading... :)

~Amber~

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Wound up exercising and cleaning last night instead of working on anything. I think I need to try and change my schedule to have more time in the evenings (my day starts late, because I do not do mornings well :tongue).

I don't expect that change to happen any time soon, but I'll slowly work on it.

Also got to borrow another book from my history teacher. :tongue Yay, more reading... :)

I was poking around the Merit Badger blog yesterday, saw this and thought of you:

The Merit Badger said:
We’re going to try something. Here’s what I need you to do:

1. Go round up those TBR (to be read) books you’ve been collecting. The ones on the shelf, in the pile by the couch, and in the box under your desk.
  2. Stack all the books in one tall column.
  3. Take your shoes off.
  4. Stand next to the stack.
Is the stack of books as tall as or taller than you are? If so, you’ve earned the “you must be this tall to read” merit badge.

:D