How much can we quote in a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to share a book passage on the nature of originality that drastically changed (for the better) my perception of my own work. I wasn't able to find any reference or quote of it online so I can't post a link.

I could paraphrase the message, but the original author spoke so well, I'd prefer to quote his words. The problem is that, even cherrypicking the most important passages, the quotes would total just over 400 words.

What's the maximum permissible length of quoted material on the AW forums? I don't want to break any copyright laws or AW rules. (It would be properly cited, of course).

Deleted member 42

What's the maximum permissible length of quoted material on the AW forums? I don't want to break any copyright laws or AW rules. (It would be properly cited, of course).

Use brief excerpts and comment on them; explain why you picked them or what you think is important.

A large several hundred word block would be a problem; several short passages with you doing something (like elaborating or commenting on them) rather than simply posting them should be ok.

PM me when you post if you'd like and I'll take a look and let you know if I see a potential problem.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see what I can put together. I may end up paraphrasing a portion of it to cut down on the quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.