Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
One more question, does anyone know how to set up access to let someone have access to dropbox files ?

Hell I got one more, sorry...

Does anyone use evernote to help with their writing ? Like if an idea coms to you you can just type it up on your phone and then deal with it when you get to your computer. Do you have any success with it ? I've been using it, but and honestly not sure how i feel about it.

I will check back in a few hours have to go meet the accountant for a while this morning, yuck work.

I use Scrivener (mac and windows) and Simplenote on my iPhone. They sync with each other. And all my backups are stored in a dropbox folder. Evernote will work just fine though.

What type of access do you mean? On someone's desktop or online? Online you can 'invite people to folder' beneath 'more'. On the desktop, you need to give them the password, but it's the same as on your own computer.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Saw this and thought of Ally.... and the 'FREAKS'.....

AKey.png

Last edited:

misslissy

Only a sassbucket sometimes.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
womeneverywhere.wordpress.com
I'm doing well. Did some good writing today I think, though I realize I have kind of short chapters, but I'm just gonna rough draft it out - no regrets with the first draft.

How are you?

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Hope everyone in the states has enjoyed their holiday weekend! And for everyone out of the states, hope you had a great regular weekend. :)

It was BEAUTIFUL weather! woot!!! Celebrated hubs bday with some friends, spend time with the girls, and played LOTS of tennis. Oh, and our pool opened this weekend so we were there for a bit today. Girls have off from Pre-K tomorrow cause apparently we didn't use all of our snow days??? Umm...okay. But, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 80. My friggin kind of day!

No writing this weekend, but I've really enjoyed the time with my hubs and kids, so it's all good. Will get back into the swing of things on Wed. Full force. My goal is to finish the first draft of one of my WIPs by the end of June. I need to bust out about 1000 words a day. I never give myself a tight goal, but I think I need to.

Hugs to all!

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Im good, still stuck, and don't know where to go from where I am.

Our pool opened today also. My son is a about to take up tennis when he gets back from his trip. He has been asking for months took some time to get it all set up with a coach.

cryaegm

Snakecakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
enigmainklings.blogspot.com
So I found out my used copy of Golden Sun I got for the GBA a year or two back is a fake. I figured something was off when it wouldn't save right and the logo seemed different. Not to mention the manual. I never paid attention or close of mind to it, so went on my way about.

Did some researching today. Learned how to spot a fake for Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap and came across cheapassgamers. On there they discuss counterfeits and such, and lo' and behold, one of the examples was Golden Sun.

That's how I found out my copy was a fake.

Plus I did some digging around for some screw drivers. I took one and popped the back off. If it was authentic, I wouldn't be able to do this at all. I would need a special screw driver from Nintendo. Seeing as how the screw came right out (and looks nothing like the screw in my authentic Golden Sun: The Lost Age), I knew that for sure, it was a fake.

I'm not really upset. Don't really care that it is seeing as how it doesn't work to begin with. I now know what the difference is from the inside and am aware in the future to keep an eye out for things like that this. Now, when I do go looking for a copy for Golden Sun, I know what the authentic and fake looks like, keep an eye out for the embossed number on the logo, there should be numbers above where the circuit goes into the GBA/GBA SP/DS Lite slot or GBC/GBA converter slot, and anything else that seems off. Learn something new. :D

Kallenie

Registered
Reaction score
I made the perfect outfit for my invisible girl, and now I'm staring at it hoping that it will give me some sort of inspiration.

It's surprisingly difficult to find clothes that an invisible girl would wear. Haha.

5398cane

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I just had a flash in my head of the little lady in the movie the Increadibles

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome Ally! They were soooo cute I had to take a pic. :D

Shoot, there are 7 covers and you have 7 characters. :D

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Is it sad i looked at them and knew who would get which one?

Me- blue guy
Max- red guy
Laura- purple guy
Pip- green guy
Tod- yellow guy
Jul - orange guy

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Nope, I was gonna ask if you did, lol. :)

*Night guys!* :D

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Morning or well... afternoon everyone! Hows the day going so far?

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
@Allie - hi, good... trying to catch up on some stuff that needs catching up.

@Cane - Yeah, there is something about it that just kind of draws you in. It is utter maddness and then at the end somehow it makes sense. Pure Brilliance on the part of the writers, but yeah - kinda getting hooked I'm afraid.

Then on the 8th I believe, worlds collide as one of the older DR. WHOs from the previous season(David Tennant) and the new one(Matt Smith), are mixed up in the same universe/TARDIS - together. Now that one ought to be interesting...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, did a new season of DW just start or something? That is all anyone is talking about... I know everyone on her is obsessed but usually not like this, what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.