Not open for further replies.

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
I GOT OFFERED A CONTRACT FOR THE BOOK OF HELEN! I know I could wait until tomorrow but I'm about to explode with happiness and had to share. Museitup publishing is the company. I'm printing up the contract so I can read it. Still just pinching myself. Going to get a diet coke, a piece of chocolate and call my mom.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I GOT OFFERED A CONTRACT FOR THE BOOK OF HELEN! I know I could wait until tomorrow but I'm about to explode with happiness and had to share. Museitup publishing is the company. I'm printing up the contract so I can read it. Still just pinching myself. Going to get a diet coke, a piece of chocolate and call my mom.
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

:TheWave::TheWave::PartySmil:PartySmil

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Given Sherry's awesome news, I'm bending the rules this week to give her first report.

Nanner Time
:banana::banana::banana:

Acceptance
:PartySmil:TheWave::PartySmil:TheWave

Blogged
:partyguy::partyguy::partyguy:

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
1448 words written

7,645 words edited

1 submission

and 1 contest entry

LilliCray

Plot? What plot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mutteringsofascribe.blogspot.com
Eeeeek! Sherry, that's so exciting!!! Yay yay yay for you! :D :D :D

...aaaand in other news, this week would be perfect if it weren't for stupid red taped bureaucratic financial aid didn't tell me all the freaking forms I needed filled out and... grumble. I just need my freaking textbooks, which I can't get until that's sorted out, nor can I get a job because apparently I don't have work-study until my aid is approved, and yesterday I found out they need yet *more* paperwork. GAH.

But, I've actually gotten to write an actual lot! I'm super excited. 1,683 words this week!! Actually, kind of a lot considering the kind of week I've had... also, meds are working! Including the new stuff I'm taking for anxiety, which has been such a blessing. I made four, count 'em, four phone calls this week without being even the slightest bit nervous about it! And many other things that have been the direct result of the meds helping me actually be able to control my anxiety. Now, if only the *grumblegrumble* financial aid would go through, I'd be set for the semester...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eeeeek! Sherry, that's so exciting!!! Yay yay yay for you! :D :D :D

...aaaand in other news, this week would be perfect if it weren't for stupid red taped bureaucratic financial aid didn't tell me all the freaking forms I needed filled out and... grumble. I just need my freaking textbooks, which I can't get until that's sorted out, nor can I get a job because apparently I don't have work-study until my aid is approved, and yesterday I found out they need yet *more* paperwork. GAH.

But, I've actually gotten to write an actual lot! I'm super excited. 1,683 words this week!! Actually, kind of a lot considering the kind of week I've had... also, meds are working! Including the new stuff I'm taking for anxiety, which has been such a blessing. I made four, count 'em, four phone calls this week without being even the slightest bit nervous about it! And many other things that have been the direct result of the meds helping me actually be able to control my anxiety. Now, if only the *grumblegrumble* financial aid would go through, I'd be set for the semester...

1,683 words
:Clap::Clap::Clap:

4 calls made with new meds working
:Sun::Sun::Sun:

Good luck with the financial aid

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Yay SherryTex!

~Finished and sent one interview
~Posted an interview on my blog
~Sent FT to a reviewer
~Wrote 1,253 words
~Brainstormed another book idea

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
1448 words written

7,645 words edited

1 submission

and 1 contest entry

:) very proud of your accomplishments my friend!

Okay...so this week I blogged. I got kids to get ready for school and what else did I do...oh yes....I SIGNED THE CONTRACT! Projected date for The Book of Helen, May 2013. Still on:e2cloud9:

Congratulations!! so exciting!!!

As for myself:

3 blog posts - I'm a regular blogging FOOL now.

edits: 19,863

Also had an out of the clear blue sky story idea punch me in the face, and wrote a few paragraphs for that exciting new shiny - I'm more motivated than ever to finish my edits and get to write in November..... Still a long way to go.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yay SherryTex!

~Finished and sent one interview
~Posted an interview on my blog
~Sent FT to a reviewer
~Wrote 1,253 words
~Brainstormed another book idea

1,253 words

1 blog post

1 submission
:hooray::hooray::hooray:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:) very proud of your accomplishments my friend!

head-gear085.gif

Congratulations!! so exciting!!!

As for myself:

3 blog posts - I'm a regular blogging FOOL now.

edits: 19,863

Also had an out of the clear blue sky story idea punch me in the face, and wrote a few paragraphs for that exciting new shiny - I'm more motivated than ever to finish my edits and get to write in November..... Still a long way to go.

3 blog posts

19,863 words edited
:):):)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com

I remember this one from years ago--watching and waiting. I knew this one would sell. I remember the research that you did on this book.

Happy day for you! Finally.

tri

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
10959 words. Just 5 days left till Camp Nano is done. Wooo.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finished editing the YA distopian, for a total of 80 more pages. Two content articles totally 850 words. That is all.

tri

80 pages edited
:hooray::hooray::hooray:

850 words

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Time for this Week's Awards Awesomeness.

Nanner time-SherryTex
:banana::banana::banana:

Word count-theelfchild 10,959
:Jump::Jump::Jump:

Words edited-Bettielee 19,863
:e2writer::e2writer::e2writer:

Blog posts-Bettielee 3
:e2BIC::e2BIC::e2BIC:

Submissions-SherryTex 1
:e2cheer::e2cheer::e2cheer:

Chapeau of Shame-theelfchild
:e2paperba:e2paperba:e2paperba

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
Okay...this week, I calmed down --a bit. I blogged. I also started work on another project 4 book plan, Time University,(Still sketching the outline parameters) and wrote another K on The Book of Penelope. So 1,291 words on that project.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations. I'm still overwhelmed. It was fun to be able to say, even my teenager is proud.

Now I have to get to the work of editing for real, with the projected first day --the last of May in 2013. Hard to believe.

theelfchild

Thinking up something clever
Registered
Reaction score
8000 words, and another Nano win for me! Maybe 5k left to finish story. Also about 500 on Tomok, which I am rarring to get rewriting. Really proud of this week's writing because I did it despite zombification due to babysitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.