A Life of Crime and Chocolate

IAMWRITER

QWERTY!!!
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, French! That's great news!

Mr. M, I hope you get well soon.

Urgh, I know I live in Scotland but it's just far too hot right now. I've had heatstroke the past few days combined with restless nights because of the heat. Don't get me wrong I don't want it to start raining but it can do with being just a wee bit cooler here right now...

vagough

Traveling down the Query Road...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
I'm psyched. Got an e-mail today saying I'm in the fall session of the Citizens' Police Academy for Fairfax County (only 40 slots in a county of almost a million people). We'll meet once a week for 10 weeks, 3.5 hours per session, and hear about things like narcotics investigations, bomb squad work, SWAT team, crime scene investigations, police training, and crime analysis. This'll be great.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Happy birthday, French! I'm so glad you got to take Blake home.

Get well, Mr. M.

Vagough, that sounds really neat. They had something similar in the last town I lived in. I never had the nerve to try to get in. Please tell us about it when you go!

vagough

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
Vagough, that sounds really neat. They had something similar in the last town I lived in. I never had the nerve to try to get in. Please tell us about it when you go!

Absolutely! The sessions are all on Thursday evenings, starting September 12, except the last which will be on a Saturday. We'll spend that morning at their firearms range and driving track. I'm excited!

onuilmar

(w)ride like the wind
Registered
Reaction score
Nice that you're feeling better, Mr. M.

To all those that live in Great Britain, I feel for you. It's too hot here too. It does still cool down at night, but not as much as I'd like. I am at the point that I LIKE overcast days, cuz then it's cooler.

Vagough: that sounds really neat. Never heard of anything like it. Police work is always fascinating. But duh, this is MTS!

Does this mean that you will be on patrol, or what?

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I was talking to my mum who is from Scotland, and she was saying that even though its typically cold, when it gets hot, it's a really hot heat.
Here I am in flannelette pyjamas robe and the heater on full ball because I can't handle the cold.

I got myself an iPad today as a gift to myself from myself. I'm a little bit in love with it I think, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Mr Mitchell, glad you seem to be on the mend.

French, I love my ipad. I post more from it than from my computer. And I'm addicted to candy crush (seriously silly game).

Vagough, that sounds like so much fun! I freely admit I'm jealous.

Hot here, too. I have friends in Texas and Arizona. So I can't really complain. But I'm pretty much over the 97 degree temps with high humidity.

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Happy (belated) Birthday, French! I hope you have a wonderful time. So glad you and Blake are back home. :)

TIDY not CLEAN! Well, maybe a bit cleaner than now, but not a lot.

I have a motto when it comes to housework. Clean enough to be healthy - Untidy enough to be happy. :) You rock, Shakes.

I'm psyched. Got an e-mail today saying I'm in the fall session of the Citizens' Police Academy for Fairfax County

:hooray:That's awesome! Good for you! :D

The drama of that weekend was balanced out by a partial request for a query I'd sort of forgotten about.

Congrats, tarak, that's fant..... wait. A partial request? You mean, they couldn't even complete the request? Really! Agents have no respect these days.

:D <-- really. :D

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
tarak - I missed the thing about your partial - great news!

French - my mum has an iPad and won't be separated from it. She asked me last night for advice on a level of Angry Birds!

("Er, fire the birds at the pigs?"
"I've completed the level, I just need three stars!" <== totally not the parent I get my obsessive perfectionist nature from :D)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
tarak - I missed the thing about your partial - great news!

Missed that one too, tarak - that is excellent!

French - my mum has an iPad and won't be separated from it. She asked me last night for advice on a level of Angry Birds!

My poor husband has been an iPad widower for years now. I take the thing to bed with me. Lately I've been playing Plants vs. Zombies until about midnight - I can't let my cute little Zen Garden plants go without water, now, can I??

...What were we talking about?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray: tarak!!!

Vagough, that sounds fascinating!

Glad you're feeling better, Mr M.

My hubby fell hard in love with his iPad too. It's cute. :) (Uh, mostly.)

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
I have a motto when it comes to housework. Clean enough to be healthy - Untidy enough to be happy. :) You rock, Shakes.

I like the motto! May have to print it out and put it next to the dust notice!

Tarak - me four - congrats!

tarak

for certain qualities of "sane"
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Central Pennsylvania - the gateway to Harrisburg
Congrats, tarak, that's fant..... wait. A partial request? You mean, they couldn't even complete the request? Really! Agents have no respect these days.

:D <-- really. :D

LOL. I would have to make that sort of mistake on a forum for writers. I also got an R today for another query I'd forgotten about. So I have a partial and a full out there. And two queries drafted. So maybe I'll send those out today. At this rate, it will be 2020 before I finish querying everyone on my list.

Oh dear lord. I was all prepared to send my partial and re-read the email. He wants a synopsis, too. Guess I know what I'll be doing the rest of the night.

Last edited:

vagough

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
goughpubs.wordpress.com
I missed all the food talk. Or maybe the cake blurred things. It was tasty. And quite boozy. It helped dull some of the pain of spending my weekend with people who apparently never left high school despite having graduated at least twenty years ago. The drama of that weekend was balanced out by a partial request for a query I'd sort of forgotten about.

That's fabulous news, Tarak -- congrats!

Vagough: that sounds really neat. Never heard of anything like it. Police work is always fascinating. But duh, this is MTS!

Does this mean that you will be on patrol, or what?

It does sound neat, doesn't it?! Previous CPA classes have been given the option of doing a ride-along with a patrol officer if they like. The following blog gives an idea of some of the things they do, or at least have done in previous years. I'll let you all know how it goes once the classes start!

http://gwenhernandez.com/citizens-police-academy/

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. I would have to make that sort of mistake on a forum for writers.

Tarak, you're awesome. (I have a sick, twisted sense of humor when it comes to the written word.) Sorry about the R and good luck with the synopsis.:)

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Apologies for the absence - my parents have been staying with me for the past couple of days. How is everyone? I've just been diagnosed with blepharitis, which is an inflammation of the eyelid. That's a fancy way of saying that I woke up yesterday looking like someone punched me in the face. Pretty sure I would have remembered that!

Oh, and I was reminded that I'm off to see a gig in London on Thursday night which I'd totally forgotten about. Main problem there being that I've since arranged (having forgotten) to be in Scotland that day, so I'll be trying to get there straight off the plane... which will be fun.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've just been diagnosed with blepharitis, which is an inflammation of the eyelid. That's a fancy way of saying that I woke up yesterday looking like someone punched me in the face. Pretty sure I would have remembered that!

Unless they punched really, really hard. Quick, how many fingers am I holding up?? :tongue

Sounds like you're burning the candle at both ends. Stay sane.